Tasting Room Manager (Santa Lucia Highlands)
Note: Only applications meeting the requirements of the role will be responded to.
CRU Winery is looking for a Tasting Room Manager to help us grow our brand and elevate the customer experience in our new satellite tasting room located amongst some of our source vineyards in the Santa Lucia Highlands. The ideal candidate is proactive, driven, and able to work independently, with a positive attitude and is looking for a management position to cultivate a lasting career in the hospitality industry.
This position will be working with a multi-location cross-functional team of business savvy and wine savvy individuals who like to think differently. We are a family-owned winery with a relatively small team and this position will be expected to be “hands on” running the day-to-day operations of the tasting room.
Managing this satellite location on the corner of Foothill & Paraiso Springs Roads, the successful applicant will need to possess a high level of management experience, maturity and problem-solving skills to work autonomously as a (predominantly) one-person-show onsite. The role will be heavily supported by the broader team across other locations.
Accordingly, the role is suited to someone willing and able to act somewhat as a “small business owner”, whilst still executing the vision and requirements of CRU.
• Manage all Tasting Room functions, small events and overall customer experience
• Create engaging customer experiences that drive wine club membership sign-ups and wine sales
• Hire and manage part time Tasting Room staff (as needed)
• Manage Tasting Room operations and daily tasks
• Assist in developing marketing strategies for driving new customer acquisition and existing customer growth across onsite and offsite channels
• Participate in the evolution and development of a refined customer experience
• Assist in the design and management of the tasting room, gardens & landscaping
• Execute on sales campaigns across all sales channels
• Help create and execute proactive customer outreach programs
• Manage wine shipments from the tasting room
• Manage all Tasting Room inventory
• Answer customer inquiries and fulfill orders via phone and email
• Occasionally pour wine at off-site events
• Occasionally you may need to meet with and/or drop off samples with a restaurant manager and/or wholesaler in the area
• Authorized to work in the United States
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products and preferably Wine Direct
• Bachelor’s degree with 3 or more years of DTC sales, hospitality, brand marketing, luxury sales or trade marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
• Supervisor/Managerial experience, ideally tasting room
• Front-of-house management and operations experience
• Highly analytical, possesses attention to detail, curious, self-starter and customer-centric
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively across multiple teams
• Ability to think customer-first and drive positive experiences for customers
• Occasionally attend meetings/events as necessary at the wineries in Madera or Paso Robles.
• Physical demands: must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. Must be able to spend at least 8 hrs/day walking and standing
What Will Set You Apart:
• Willingness and desire to jump in and contribute in other areas of the business
• Proactively contributing ideas & ways to improve the Tasting Room, DTC, and the overall business
• CSW, Certified Sommelier or WSET Advanced Certifications
• Restaurant Management Experience, DTC Experience or Marketing experience
• Proven sales background/achievements with exponential YOY growth
We are a family-owned winery that sources fruit from some of the finest vineyards on the Central Coast of California.
With a focus on Burgundian and Rhone varietals such as Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Syrah - which are best suited to this region, we craft wines for quality everyday drinking.