The FP&A Manager supports the winery management team in the preparation of timely monthly financial results, planning, forecasting and financial analysis to help drive insights and actions. This position collaborates with the Direct to Consumer (DTC) team as well as Supply and Winemakers. The FP&A Manager reports to the Finance Director.
• Prepare, review, analyze and communicate monthly financial reports and metrics to the management team
• Develop the annual budget, forecasts and associated metrics and analytics
• Identify risks and opportunities to the business by understanding actual results and changes in the external and internal environment through analysis of trends
• Prepare month-end accruals and other journal entries and input into the general ledger system for month-end close
• Translate large amounts of data into high-level insights for decision-making
• Thought leadership on continuous improvement
• Other special projects as assigned.
• Attention to Detail: Strong attention to detail and ability to complete quality work products.
• Teamwork: Ability to work and communicate productively with all levels of the organization within the Napa office, wineries and head office in Chicago
• Execution: Ability to deliver results and prioritize in order to meet business objectives.
• Financial Technical Expertise: Financial models, excel expertise, and analytic tools, understanding of accounting principles
• Judgment: Relies on extensive experience to plan and accomplish goals. Makes timely and quality decisions.
• Motivation: Highly motivated, self-starter who has high personal goals and expectations and dedication necessary to achieve them. Ability to lead and take initiative. Perseverance and follow-through.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Five to seven years of financial planning and analysis, or accounting experience with a progressively increasing level of responsibility.
• Strong Excel skills.
• Preferred work experience in consumer package goods and/or wine industry, but not required.
• Experience with an ERP, and planning and reporting systems
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or accounting required, or MBA
• Due to the commercial nature of this role, strong communication and team skills are essential. Positive attitude critical.