We seek a thoughtful listener and dynamic storyteller with a service heart to lead our hospitality and sales team in a salaried full-time role.
Our winery produces small-lot wines, primarily single-vineyard Zinfandels and Estate Cabernet Sauvignon. All in-person tastings are seated, private, and by appointment in a relaxed environment, and we have built a very successful virtual tasting experience for our fans from afar. Our wines can only be tasted and purchased at our winery or through our allocation list.
We welcome applicants who are:
- Driven by curiosity, connection and care for others
- Blessed with the gift of delivering "hits of hospitality" at every turn
- Aware that the only difference between success and failure is the ability to take action
- Coachable, competitive and always the first to say "hello"
- Desirous of making an impact and cultivating something great for others
- Mindful that everything changes for the better when we take ownership
- Not the sage on the stage, but rather the guide on the side
- Engineers of the effortless experience
- Creators of memories that our guests take with them to share with others
- Designers of moments that lead to transformation
Duties to include:
- Oversee and manage overall operations and profitability of the tasting room (TR) and virtual experiences (VX).
- Identify and set strategies and implement programs to achieve our TR and VX profits, customer acquisition, wine club membership conversion, and visitor data collection goals.
- Grow TR and VX profitability by creating and managing reports to analyze business, identify areas for improvement, and follow up on information learned in reports, executing plans to address opportunities for growth.
- Oversee overall TR and VX experience, from ambiance to communication to customer interaction through the customer journey, ensuring that every experience is excellent and memorable.
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate, and review TR staff, including establishing policies, procedures and programs for customer service skills, product knowledge, wine education, and sales training.
- Proactively cultivate and build relationships with existing as well as new vendors that might be great partners.
- Outreach to strengthen our local network and drive VIP traffic to the TR and VX.
- Build customer loyalty and relationships through notecard interactions and sales efforts, and ensure TR team is also following through.
Weekends, events, and some holiday work will be required. Salary is commensurate with experience and our commission structure provides opportunities for further growth. Full-time employment also includes healthcare benefits.
We look forward to receiving your resume and a brief cover letter.