Hirsch Vineyards is an estate vineyard and winery on the True Sonoma Coast. We are family-owned and biodynamic, producing site-driven Chardonnay and Pinot Noir with minimal intervention.
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated harvest interns to join our team for the 2021 harvest. Our team is small, and interns will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of harvest: vineyard sampling, fruit processing, cellar work and tasting. Those looking for hands-on experience in a wide variety of winemaking and viticultural tasks will find the intern role at Hirsch to be rewarding.
Housing is provided free of charge during harvest.
Responsibilities and tasks may include but are not limited to:
• Crop estimations
• Vineyard sampling
• Fruit processing
• Fermentation monitoring
• Fermentation management (punchdowns/pumpovers)
• Barrel work (cleaning & filling)
• Forklift operation
• Record keeping (paper and electronic)
• Bottling work
• Prior work in wine production of at least one year, and at least one full harvest
• Strong work ethic and a positive attitude
• Ability to work long and variable hours
• Ability to perform physical tasks, such as lifting up to 50 pounds, repetitive movements, bending down, and ascend/descend ladders
• Reliability and flexibility
• Ability to legally work in the USA
• Forklift experience highly desired
Interns must commit to the entire length of harvest. During the busiest harvest period interns may work up to 6 days a week. Outside the busiest harvest period, work may be reduced to 4 or 5 days a week. Compensation is dependent on experience, with overtime based on California law.
Due to our remote location, housing in available to those who need it, and you must have your own car.
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume, and references via WineJobs.com. Please indicate if you will need housing during harvest. No phone calls please.