The Auction Relations Coordinator for Sonoma County Vintners (SCV) plays a central role in the success and growth of Sonoma County Wine Auctions produced by SCV / SCVF. This auction relations position coordinates guest registration for Sonoma County Auctions and ancillary programs, concierge services for top buyers and donors and assists with winery engagement during pre-event coordination, on-site and post-event. This position works closely with all SCV / SCVF staff and reports directly to the Auction Managing Director.
The ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with internal and external partners, trade and consumer audiences, auction guests, donors and wineries in a professional, courteous, and detailed manner is essential. The candidate selected for this position must possess strong communication skills, the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, provide excellent customer service and strong attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
(90%) Auction Relations Coordination
• Work with Auction Managing Director and Winery & Donor Development Manager to execute a communication strategy that focuses on cultivation and stewardship
• Assist with developing target lists to identify potential new and past attendees, invite and secure attendance for auction events and related programs
• Assist with maintenance and regular updates of donor database
• Coordinate registration and confirmations for auction and ancillary events, online bidding, paddle registration and absentee bidding
• Assist with concierge services for top buyers and donors for winery accommodations, lodging blocks, winery dinners and customized itineraries
• Assist with profiles and briefing materials for auctioneer, auction team, committee and board members
• Provide guest and event support before and during online, virtual, hybrid and live event programs
• Assist with logistics for auction related events, promotional tours and other related programing
• Prepare registration credentials and other materials for pre-events, auctions and related programs
• Work with on-site registration team and provide on-site hospitality at pre-events and auction day
• Assist with post-event reporting, donor acknowledgment, communications, surveys and evaluations
• Assist with auction lot and buyer fulfillment, customer service and hospitality
(10%) Additional Responsibilities
• Participate in all Sonoma County Barrel Auction and Sonoma County Wine Auction Committee meetings
• Participate in all SCV Staff and team building meetings
• Participate in SCV / SCVF Board of Directors meetings when requested
• Participate and assist with all SCV related events / activities as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• $45,000 - $55,000 based on experience, knowledge and skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent education and experience.
• Wine industry experience; trade relations, customer service, hospitality/event or other wine related programs is preferred.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
• Strong attention to customer service
• Strong verbal & written communication skills
• Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills
• Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast paced environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Valid driver's license
• This position has no direct reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires sitting, talking on the phone and keyboard documentation. This job must use ergonomic tools and correct posture. Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs.
Sonoma County Vintners is committed to an equal opportunity hiring policy and work environment.
If you are interested in applying for the Auction Relations Coordinator position at Sonoma County Vintners, email resume to email@example.com.