Growing Vineyard Management Company seeking a Viticulturist to assist with overall vineyard management. Take a key role in managing companies’ vineyards, client’s vineyards and coordinating between assistant vineyard manager, owner, and clients. Looking for a motivated self-starter who is versatile and can move between vineyard, scouting, and writing viticulture recommendations to help with coordinating with the various departments and running point with admin staff on implanting and tracking budgets.
Duties specific to this position include:
• Organizing and scheduling crews with assistant vineyard manager between different vineyards and projects
• Be proficient in AgCode, MS word, Excel and email.
• Coordinate between clients, vineyard management & development companies.
• Develop vineyard recommendations and manage Pesticide reporting.
• Develop and report on budgeting with Admin staff.
• Oversee vineyard data collection and the publishing of information to management.
• Scout vineyards on a regular basis and provide training to staff.
• Enter data and use AgCode to perform duties and track crews.
• Application of fungicides, herbicides and pesticides, and maintenance of records
• Training of personnel and overseeing personnel development of vineyard team.
• Management of staff in accordance to the policies and procedures of the company
• Participate in vineyard quality evaluations.
• Responsible for keeping valid record of vineyard operations.
• Maintain required MSDS and safety standards for vineyard chemicals. Responsible for organization of Ag Shed.
• Maintain and administer fertilization program, including petiole analysis and soil sampling.
• Maintain inventory records and on hand supplies and chemicals for vineyard needs.
• Harvest coordination between clients and assistant vineyard manager & trucking companies
• Ability to identify common vineyards pests and diseases specific to Napa Valley & Northern California.
• Must be well organized and possess attention to detail.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule with additional hours during peak seasons, including weekends.
• ATV operation experience.
• Be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
• A strong work ethic and ability to work independently.
• Clean driving record & valid Class C California driver’s license
Wage DOE, vacation, benefits after 90 days