Job Title: Irrigation Manager Status: Exempt
Manager is responsible for supervising the irrigation department and all the operations and personnel associated with irrigation and water management. The Irrigation Manager will be part of a vineyard management team dedicated to producing quality wine grapes in a large-scale setting. Must be self-motivated, possess good communication
• Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Engineering or a related field highly preferred
• 2-3 years managing a large-scale irrigation system
• Valid driver's license and clean MVR
• Bilingual is a plus
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Communicate with Irrigation supervisor, Irrigators, Canal Tenders for proper execution of irrigation needs.
• Coordinate with Vineyard Manager on irrigation scheduling
• Manage all irrigation and pumping data for proper reporting
• Develop and execute all Irrigation schedule programs
• Oversee and maintain all irrigation infrastructure
• Responsible for irrigation of field teams
• Execute all fertilization and other chemical injections
• Reports daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual activity to proper managers
• Responsible for learning and implementing new irrigation management technology and practices
• Oversee irrigation development projects
• Responsible and accountable for departmental capital and operations budget
• Coordinate with other departments to execute programs
• Adhere to, instruct/train and implement all safety requirements, regulations, and initiatives to the team.
• Other projects as deemed necessary by Management
• Able to independently lift objects not to exceed 50 lbs on a regular basis.
• Able to sit, stand, bend and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to work extended hours during the day and work on weekends as needed.
• Able to drive and operate farm equipment such as tractors, loaders, & backhoes as needed.
• Competitive Salary (DOE)
• Company vehicle for work and commuting contingent of an insurable driving record.
• 401(K), Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance / Holiday, Vacation, and PTO
Applicants must be self-motivated and energetic individual who can work on his/her own when necessary. The job will not be limited to the responsibilities listed above, and involvement with other vineyard activities will be available on a regular basis. This is a great opportunity to work with a variety of vineyard farming systems in a premium vinicultural area.