PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Under the direction of the Faust Property Maintenance Lead, this position is responsible for maintaining the grounds of the winery property.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Care of lawns,( watering, mowing , edging , fertilizing , aerating , application of organic pesticides, installing new lawns)
• Care of landscaping trees and shrubs, (watering pruning, fertilizing, staking, suckering, planting, thinning, shaping, application of organic pesticides.)
• Maintain landscaping irrigation systems (repair, insulation, dig trenches, trouble shooting)
• Basic painting, plumbing minor carpentry and other basic repairs and maintenance as required
• Maintenance of tools and equipment.
• General clean-up of grounds (garbage, leaves, branches) cleans out drainage ditches and culverts, checks all areas for safety on a daily basis
• Use of a variety of hand and power tools and equipment.
• Ability to in partnership with team members
• Very resourceful
• Results oriented
• Accountability and trustworthy
• High school diploma or equivalent, or one to three months related experience and/ or training.
• Previous gardening and/or landscaping experience helpful
• Knowledge of landscaping, irrigation concepts necessary. Knowledge of use and maintenance of grounds equipment (mowers, hedgers, leaf blowers, weed eaters, etc.) required
• Must have a valid California class C driver license
• Requires basic math and English skills, both written and verbal.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Work 8 to 12 hours per day or as required.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lifts 100 pounds.
• Ability to perform physically demanding tasks outdoors in changing weather conditions
• Ability to safely operate various machines (tractors and all-terrain vehicles)
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and periodic overtime
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Able to walk on flat and sloped terrain
• Must be able to easily walk 2 miles or more in unstable, uneven or wet conditions
• Requires the ability to sit bend, stoop, twist and walk over uneven surfaces for prolonged periods of time
• Manual dexterity sufficient to use a variety of hand tools without experiencing abnormal strain
*** This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. ***
Location: St. Helena, CA (94574)