MANAGER – TASTING ROOM & WINE CLUB/DTC
Balboa Winery (www.balboawinery.com) was founded in 2005 in the Walla Walla Valley.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated, and fun person to oversee all aspects of direct-to-consumer activities at our winery.
The key responsibilities of this position include proactive and frequent communication with customers through all channels; developing and implementing new concepts for our Wine Club to achieve significant growth; fostering our phone and online sales; and management of our tasting experience at the Winery.
The successful candidate will create a unique, personal and memorable experience with each guest to promote our wines and wine club. The responsibilities for this role will include, but are not limited to:
• Daily operations of the tasting room and retail sales; including tasting setup and breakdown, reservations, order processing, and inventory management
• Executing a fun and engaging winery visitor experience that provides exceptional customer service and tells our winery’s story
• Planning and promoting Wine Club events and promotions
• Participate in planning for, and executing on social media strategy
• Assisting with developing and achieving goals for sales, wine club sign ups and data collection
• Developing plans to enhance the tasting room experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
The Manager Tasting Room & Wine Club role requires the following Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Communications, Marketing or related field a plus
• 3+ years of wine industry management experience with an emphasis on DTC sales
• Sommelier program training and certification a plus
• A fun, team-oriented attitude focused on getting work done
• Expertise with all social media channels
• Strong customer service, and sales skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organized, detail-oriented, good follow-through
• Able to work flexible hours and weekends
• Strong computer skills. Experience with OrderPort a plus, but not required
• Ability to communicate in a clear, understandable speaking voice, and capable of communicating information to fellow team members, vendors, and guests
• Must possess WA MAST alcohol serving permit prior to employment
• Must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• This is a full-time position, based at our winery in Walla Walla, WA
• Salary dependent on experience. Health care benefits provided.