The Duckhorn Portfolio family includes Duckhorn Vineyards, Paraduxx, Goldeneye, Migration, Decoy, Canvasback, Calera and Kosta Browne, each with its own dedicated winemaker. With more than 800 acres of renowned estate vineyards, along with grapes from the finest growers, each winery has a canvas of lots from which to blend its wines. Focused on optimal grape selection, innovative winemaking techniques and a premium barrel-aging program, the Duckhorn Portfolio is founded on a pioneering spirit and unwavering commitment to quality. The only American wine portfolio in this century with two Wine Spectator “Wine of the Year” winners in its portfolio, the Duckhorn Portfolio wines are available throughout the United States, on five continents, and in over 50 countries.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for coordinating bulk wine shipping, tracking and other supporting activities that relate to the organization involved in producing high quality wines. The Bulk Wine Logistics Coordinator will work directly with the Decoy Winemaking and support staff to assist with the logistical challenges we encounter as we grow and evolve. This position requires a clear and courteous communicator, with superior organizational skills, and a keen eye for detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate with transportation and winery partners to schedule bulk wine and barrel shipments
• Coordinate and verify completion of pre-shipment analyses for bulk wine transactions
• Send confirmation emails and update shipping calendars
• Ensure shipping transaction paperwork is correct, sent to the appropriate stakeholders and filed according to protocol
• Track inventory movements and winemaking activities using our Microsoft Navision ERP
• Create bi-monthly reports of Decoy bulk wine inventory volume by location
• Coordinate the collection, delivery and/or shipment of bulk wine sample requests
• Reconcile and process shipping invoices
• Maintain a full and empty barrel container inventory
• Assist with receiving and labeling enological supplies
• Fill-in for Weighmaster Deputy in their absence
• Adhere to, review and revise applicable SOPs
• Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience working with a winery production software – NAV experience a plus
• Basic knowledge of cellar, lab and winemaking operations
• Positive attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
• Creative, flexible and innovative team player
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to lift up to 45 lbs.
• Ability to drive a car
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to pull, push, kneel, bend, reach
• Ability to work extended shifts if necessary
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please respond with a resume and letter of introduction.