Rosenthal Wine Merchant (NY) has an opportunity for an exceptional individual to join our small group of highly efficient office staff. We are seeking an experienced candidate who will be a cultural fit with our rigorous work ethic and exceedingly high standards; the type of person who takes great pride in their work and who is unwilling to compromise on quality.
Our history of recruiting and retaining industry-leading talent reflects the constant challenges that make every day an exciting day, and, in turn, we look for dedicated individuals who believe in our mission and share in our passion for the greatest wines of Europe (primarily from France and Italy). For additional information about our company, please visit our website, www.madrose.com.
Note, this position is for our New York City office, currently located in Maspeth, NY.
The position will handle a wide range of responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
• Prepare and print invoices for deliveries to NJ and CT from our warehouse in NY
• Manage logistics to ensure timely delivery to clients
• Serve as the primary backup for order entry in NY and Distributor markets
• Distribute reports for the sales team, including sales history, pending orders and inventory
• Work closely with warehouse staff relating to picking orders and inventory maintenance
• Ad-hoc reporting for senior management
• Bachelor’s degree required
• General knowledge/interest in French and Italian wine appellations
• Language proficiency in French and/or Italian a plus
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience in an office environment, preferably in the wine industry
• Familiarity with accounting in QuickBooks, as well as with MS Office (Word/Excel)
• Polished and professional writing skills, with particular attention to grammar and spelling
• Eagerness to invest the energy required to ensure all projects are completed with the highest-possible quality