Pine Ridge Vineyards located in the prestigious Stag’s Leap District of Napa Valley is seeking its Estate Winemaker who brings passion and a hands-on approach to winemaking. If you are an individual that is innovative and progressive, this is the opportunity for you! As the Estate Winemaker you will oversee all winemaking and viticulture activities and work together with the winemaking team to deliver the most memorable Cabernet Sauvignon wines from the Napa Valley.
Pine Ridge Vineyards, owned by the Crimson Wine Group has been dedicated to crafting Cabernet Sauvignon for over 40 years. We focus on Cabernet Sauvignon wines made from our estate vineyard located in the Stags Leap District, Howell Mountain, Oakville, Rutherford and Carneros AVA.
Crimson Wine Group vision is to be the uncompromising cultivators of the most interesting wine experiences. We do this by focusing on our people, by leveraging our thoughtful assets, by focusing on our key brands and by being the best at what we do. Crimson’s diverse collection of exceptional domestic estates and wine brands includes: Pine Ridge Vineyards (Napa, Calif.), Seghesio Family Vineyards (Healdsburg, Calif.), Archery Summit (Dayton, Ore.), Chamisal Vineyards (San Luis Obispo, Calif.), Double Canyon (West Richland, Wash.), Seven Hills Winery (Walla Walla, Wash.) and Malene Wines (Central coast, Calif.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the quality of Pine Ridge’s estate wines with the objective to make the best Cabernet Sauvignon wines in Napa Valley (60%)
• Optimize the utilization of our Napa Valley estate vineyards (20%)
• Plans forward, prepares and reviews the production operational and capital expenditure budgets (10%)
• Be the representative of the estate when required (10%)
REPORTING STRUCTURE: Reports directly to Chief Winegrowing and Operations Officer. Four direct reports covering winemaking and viticulture operations.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Enology and/or Viticulture, Business, Ag Science or Supply Chain Management. Master’s degree would be a plus.
• Years of Experience: 10 or more years’ experience in luxury winemaking including experience managing a team of eight or more employees.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of vineyards and winemaking as it pertains to the required interactions with the sales force and managing capital projects.
• Demonstrate strong planning, time management and delegation skills.
• Proven skills in change mastery, resilience and organizational development.
• Willing to make the tough and necessary decisions to move the business forward.
• Strong vision of brand positioning and understands the sales and marketing requirements of an ultra-premium luxury wine. Understands the current competition, competitive climate and has a keen understanding of where the market is headed.
• A demonstrated ability to deliver wines scoring comparably with the elite competitive group as defined by the major wine publications.