Merry Edwards Winery is seeking seasonal interns to join our production staff for the 2021 harvest. We are a state-of-the-art winery located in California’s Russian River Valley, focused on producing world class Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc. Our facility offers modern technologies and equipment and the opportunity to learn how to operate in a premium winemaking environment. The ideal candidate is a team player with a keen eye for detail, a willingness to undertake the tasks needed for smooth operation of our facility, and a passion for wine. Those selected will be fully trained in our standard operating procedures and will participate in all aspects of winemaking, from grape to bottle.
Duties and responsibilities include: sanitation, bottling line work, running crush equipment, barrel work, punch downs, juice/wine transfers, additions and other work as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Previous experience and formal education preferred
• Motivated and passionate about wine
• Able to lift 50 lbs. and work extended hours in a physically demanding environment
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to follow standard operating procedures and adhere to strict safety procedures.
Usually we like to hire a diverse crew with people from around the world. Due to the pandemic, it might not be possible this year depending on how things develop leading up to harvest.
We usually hire around 10 or 11 people to help us during harvest.
Start Date: July 2021