Do you enjoy hard seltzer and specialty "spiked" beverages? Does the idea of working for an experimental brewery sound exciting? If so, we have immediate Assistant Specialty Brewer openings on our growing Specialty Brewing Team at the Constellation Brands Daleville Brewery in Botetourt County, Virginia - a short drive up I-81 from the city of Roanoke!
Our facility operates with the need for agility and continuous improvement, so schedule flexibility to work all shifts, including overnights and weekends is a must. This is a full-time opportunity, with eligibility to enroll in health benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision plans) immediately upon hire. 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holiday Schedule, 401K with company match, Employee Product Allowance, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Parental Leave, and additional perks are available as well. Rate of pay is negotiable, depending on experience.
An Assistant Specialty Brewer is primarily responsible for mixing, fermenting, and filtering alcoholic beverage alternative (ABA) bases as well as assisting in blending, carbonating, and any other processes required to achieve a final product ready for packaging.
Our ideal candidate is a hardworking, responsible, and self-motivated individual with a passion for craft beverages, and desire to continue learning and growing within the industry. This employee must be able to work independently, as well as with others in a demanding, high-volume brewery setting. You will be expected to execute excellent interpersonal communication with peers, managers, vendors, and other appropriate associates. This individual will report to the Specialty Brewing Manager, and will play a key role in driving the Daleville Brewery's high-volume needs and quality expectations, in support of our Discovery Brands product portfolio.
* Operation of the base blending station to create multiple alcoholic beverage alternative product (ABA) bases
* Operation of filtration equipment including but not limited to centrifuge and nano filter
* Operation of blend equipment to create final ABA products
* CIP (clean-in-place) of all filtration equipment, and associated parts pathways and hoses
* Maintain proper inventory management procedures
* Properly logging all operations tasks including but not limited to tank sheets, paper logs, and SharePoint Excel logs
* Following SOPs (standard operating procedures) throughout all phases of specialty product creation
* Maintaining cleanliness and proper sanitation practices in the cellar at all times
* Execute preventative maintenance on ABA equipment, whenever necessary
* Assist the Quality Lab with testing and other Quality Assurance activities, when required
* One year of experience working at a commercial brewery or comparable beverage manufacturing facility
* Excellent critical thinking skills and strong attention to detail
* A passion for craft beverages and a desire to advance one's personal growth in the innovative alcoholic beverage industry
* Strong organizational habits, self-motivated work ethic, and good critical thinking/problem solving skills
* Ability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, overnights, and alternative work weeks to meet operational demands
* Computer literate with a basic understanding of Microsoft Office programs
* Ability to navigate spreadsheet software
* Ability to multi-task, work efficiently and adaptively
* Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
* One year or more of previous brewery cellar experience
* An understanding of quality assurance (QA) methods and techniques, laboratory operations, and a basic knowledge of chemistry and biology
* Mechanical experience and aptitude
* Ability to operate a forklift, current forklift certification is strongly preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
* Heavy physical work including climbing stairs, pulling hoses, scrubbing tanks etc.
* Willing to work in wet, hot and cold conditions
* Willing to work in consistently loud environments
* Ability to work safely with potentially hazardous chemicals
* Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
We look forward to reviewing your application soon. Cheers to your next career at Constellation Brands, an opportunity #WorthReachingFor!
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).