Apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/68a3d140-87b0-4c20-9f48-ac7886aeb6f8/C-Mondavi-Family
The Senior Accountant is responsible for winery fixed assets, harvest costs, government reporting, and inventory costing. This is a highly analytical position that requires attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Add, dispose, and capitalize company and related party vineyard assets in BNA
• Reconciling fixed assets between BNA and ERP sub-ledger monthly
• Track progress of CIP and Vineyard in Progress (VIP) projects
• Prepare reports to management and auditors as needed
• Enter grape contracts into Winemaker Database
• Prepare winegrape assessments for districts
• Prepare grape grower invoices for payment
• Assist with other harvest accounting processes as needed.
• Assist with costing of monthly bottled inventory and analyze all production variance and other inventory cost fluctuations.
• Assist with costing of intercompany inventory elimination transactions.
• Prepare monthly federal excise, 702, and state excise tax report
• Prepare government surveys and census as needed
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly
Qualifications (work experience, preferred skills and education):
This role requires someone with a strong knowledge of accounting principles and processes who has previously worked in a manufacturing/winery environment with complicated inventory reconciliations. Experience with ERP systems is a must.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or equivalent education/experience.
• Strong working knowledge of excel.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Organized, accurate and detail oriented.
• 3+ years experience in a fast paced accounting department.
• BNA and Winemaker Database system experience preferred.