Refugio Ranch Vineyard is an enchanting 415 acre estate upon which private tours and tastings are conducted. Refugio Ranch Vineyard Tasting Room was established in 2012 as a wine room to showcase our beautifully structured Rhône varietals from the vineyard.
We are currently seeking someone who can both shine during private tours and tastings at the ranch, and remain gregarious, friendly and knowledgeable during a busy weekend at the tasting room.
• Host wine tastings and private tours & tastings while communicating the qualities and value of Refugio Ranch wine.
• Adeptly place orders/generate sales and input data into our point of sale system.
• Educate guests on general wine knowledge and the Refugio Ranch specific brand.
• Create a generally positive environment for customers and staff alike.
• Effectively communicate the wine club benefits and offerings.
• Punctually and accurately execute daily opening and closing procedures
• Follow all laws regarding responsible serving of alcohol with guest safety as a top priority.
• Ability to maintain cleanliness of tasting room; including organization, general tidiness and COVID sanitizing procedures
• Stock and restock tasting room wines.
• Must be 21+ years of age
• Strong desire to surpass sales goals.
• Ability to multitask with several guests while maintaining a high level of hospitality.
• Knowledge of general winemaking, Santa Barbara County wine region and wine theory.
• 1+ year in wine industry or equivalent experience
• Able to repeatedly lift over 50 lbs
• Able to stand for long periods of time and drive an all-terrain vehicle
• Available weekends & holidays