Responsible for the development, coordination, production and communication of sales and marketing tools and retail activation programs for the portfolio of wine and RTD brands. Works closely with VP of Marketing, Associate Marketing Manager, Sales and Creative Services to provide daily execution of brand strategy across a range of functional disciplines: brand program development, production, logistics, budget management, brand performance analysis (shipments, depletions and channels of distribution). Incumbent must be adaptable and flexible, who thrives in a dynamic and innovative working environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages the development and execution of annual national and regional marketing retail programs. Provides direction and outlined briefs for all marketing and creative materials developed.
• Drives timelines, organizes and executes cross-functional consumer and trade marketing programs, and brand asset development such as websites, point of sale tools, and swag.
• Champions the brands ensuring consistent brand messaging and image throughout all marketing and promotional materials and product lines.
• Monitors and analyzes business data, tracks shipments, depletions, and store-level sales, and provides monthly/quarterly brand success stories to sales concisely.
• Assists in the development, maintenance, and tracking of performance vs. budget. Works with Sales and Finance to track and understand Marketing & POS costs and local/regional budget and actual expense allocations.
• Copy development of back labels, website content, and all other selling/POS materials.
• Coordinates creative service requests in Basecamp for the development of brand and program collateral and assets in a timely manner ie. POS, brand power point presentations.
• Manages updates brand content on all brand and trade websites.
• Leads social media content review with agency partners and identifies ways to maximize exposure and awareness of brands.
• Drives all packaging updates of wines products through planning and collaborating with Associate Marketing Manager, Winemaking, Production and Creative teams, driving timelines and communication of each project.
• Communicates with Sales and Creative Services to plan corporate advertising including print, outdoor and/or radio.
Sales & Trade Relations
• Partners with Sales to manage, create and/or coordinate requests for DSS new POS, artwork, advertisements, PowerPoint presentations support, ad hoc sell sheets, fact sheets etc., in a timely manner.
• Responds to daily sales requests, issues, and feedback in a timely matter.
• Is an active supporter of pouring at consumer and/or trade tasting opportunities for our brands.
• Assists with the communication and support of new product launches to teams and trade partners.
• Aware of TTB requirements, primarily for labels.
• Works successfully as part of a team and is responsible for developing and then maintaining strong working relationships with coworkers.
• Attends staff meetings and training as required.
• Performs general office tasks as required.
• Performs special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
• Maintains compliance with all DSS policies, procedures and requirements as well as all state and federal laws.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business or equivalent.
• 3-5 years of increasingly responsible wine marketing management experience with experience in creative design for promotional, packaging and merchandising materials.
• Strong creative writing skills to develop brand copy for sales collateral and brand websites tasting notes.
• Strong sense of flexibility and adaptability in a very entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
• Strong project management and presentation skills.
• Excellent organization skills, multi-tasking, and project management skills required, including the ability to manage multiple competing priorities essential.
• Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
• Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
• Requires ability to travel to various geographic locations and some overnight stays.
• Requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under DSS’s insurance policy.
• Position requires travel.
• Occasional weekends for special events.
Competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, Life & Disability, 401K, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, and wine discounts.
Don Sebastiani & Sons provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.