Scheid Family Wines has an exciting career opportunity for a Brand Manager based in our Salinas office.
Founded in Monterey County in 1972, Scheid Family Wines is one of the fastest growing wine companies in the country with extensive estate vineyard holdings and a state of the art winery campus. In addition to our flagship Scheid Vineyards brand, we produce and market over two dozen core and exclusive brands including District 7, Sunny With A Chance Of Flowers, Metz Road, Ranch 32 and Ryder Estate.
SUMMARY: This position will be accountable for a very broad range of marketing, brand management and creative duties within our dynamic, growing, family-owned and family-operated winery and branded goods business. The ideal candidate will have experience with consumer insights, category analytics, product development and package design. The Brand Manager should possess the skills necessary to strategically build brands within their assigned portfolio and the creativity to deliver new and engaging content to all customers (internal, trade, wholesale, media, and consumers) that creates a lasting impression among consumers, improves product sales, and increases market share.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and execute strategies for a select group of brands within the SFW brand portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to, the creation of the brand story, packaging, POS campaigns, promotions, national programs, advertising, events, and public relations.
• Develop and oversee the annual brand plans and marketing calendars, tracking progress to ensure all aspects of brand plan deliver on-time and on-budget results.
• Create and communicate brand strategies and product information to sales and other internal teams, wholesalers, and external partners to improve brand performance, increase program awareness, and grow distribution/sell-through at all levels and channels.
• In partnership with our Director of Business Analytics, develop business intelligence reports utilizing IRI and other available market data to guide brand management decisions. Regularly conduct brand and category performance analysis, forecasting and market research to maximize brand performance.
• Lead external creative resources to deliver against objectives for all images, collateral materials, brand packaging, websites, and point of sale for assigned brands to ensure creative is aligned with brand standards, strategy, look and feel.
• Perform as a passionate brand ambassador for the assigned portfolio and Scheid Family Wines at wholesale, trade and consumer tasting events as well as host wine media and buyers at the winery.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience in brand management and/or CPG marketing; wine industry experience strongly preferred.
• Excellent creative processes as well as verbal and written communication skills.
• Driven to deliver; proactive, determined, high initiative, strong work ethic; resourceful collaborator who works inclusively and with a strong team orientation.
• Proven project management skills with a strong desire for continuous improvement. Ability to
convey a sense or urgency throughout project lifecycle and hold team accountable for execution.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; flexibility with ever-changing priorities and deadlines and ability to solve problems in a creative manner.
• Desire to build and enhance internal and external relationships with cross-functional teams and vendors.
• LANGUAGE - Ability to respond to basic inquiries from clients and business affiliates. Ability to read and write required correspondence that confirm to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to co-workers, affiliates, clients and the public.
• TECHNICAL – Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and/or keyboard. Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires use of the computer and phone.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Scheid Family Wines offers a competitive base compensation, bonus, and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401(k) and paid time off. Employees enjoy a large discount on our products.
Scheid Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.