We are looking for a fun, enthusiastic, team player to join our amazing winery staff as a Tasting Room Associate. Ideally we're looking for a competent, confident self-starter to work weekends and week days as reservations require. This is a part time job (due to limited reservation restrictions due to Covid) that can become full time if desired. We have a beautiful property in the Dry Creek Valley of Sonoma County, and offer a fun, friendly work environment with great perks and benefits. Some knowledge and appreciation of wine is helpful, as is some computer literacy. We are willing to train the right person.
This job includes greeting guests to our estate winery and introducing them to our wines and services. You will be required to explain and sell our wine club, as well as help out during member dinners, luncheons and other winery events.
Daily duties include opening and closing the winery, washing and polishing stemware, busing tables, ringing up customers on the cash register, carrying wines to guest vehicles (if asked), helping prepare charcuterie plates and small food bites, processing and shipping phone orders (as needed), and occasionally assisting with inventory.
You might also be called upon to pour wine at winery events and represent the winery at outside functions as necessary. Eventually you may also be asked to provide winery tours and explain our wine making process and procedures to guests upon completion of your training.
• Cheerful, bubbly personality with a great appreciation for people and wine.
• Available to work most weekends, including some Fridays and Mondays during holiday weekends, and possibly two days during the week as needed.
• Clean, professional appearance at all times.
• Communicate effectively and accurately with a diverse range of customers
• Ability to take reservations and explain the winery's tasting options in person and on the phone.
• Possess professional appearance and demeanor.
• Some hospitality background and proven sales skills highly preferred
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Ability to carry 50 pound cases of wine as needed.
• Ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time.
• Ability to walk up and down stairs and inclines