Rombauer Vineyards seeks a dedicated and passionate Wine Host/Hostess. Become a part of our team and work for our 40-year family owned winery! The successful candidate will be based primarily at our destination winery with jaw-dropping views in the Northern part of the Napa Valley.
We are seeking someone who exemplifies our core values of teamwork, integrity and passion. The ideal candidate has a deeply rooted passion for providing world class hospitality for guests and fellow teammates. Professionalism, self-assurance, reliability and initiative are the pillars of being successful in our high-energy, “never a dull moment” tasting room.
Under the direct supervision of the Hospitality and Retail Sales Manager, this position is responsible for providing world class hospitality to all guests, being a compelling and informative storyteller, having a positive influence on teammates and effectively selling our delicious wines.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Multi-faceted background demonstrating different hospitality roles & responsibilities
• Experience in teaching/sharing passions (subjects including, but not limited to: wine sensory analysis, culinary arts, California history, technical winemaking process, etc.)
• Ability to effectively present to any size or makeup of group in person, while on tour, over the phone, through professional email communication or via virtual presentation
• Enthusiasm for learning more about the world of wine and what makes it truly unique
• Fluent in using a point of sale (POS) register, Microsoft suite, iPads, iPhone
• Conversational fluency in a second language
• Motivated by team sales goals (contributing both independently and collectively). Enjoys celebrating other’s successes.
Working weekends is required. Must be 21 years or older.
Rombauer Vineyards offers a competitive salary, incentive program and a generous benefits package as well as a positive work environment where team members are devoted to the highest quality of customer satisfaction delivered with a sense of graciousness, pride, fun, and company spirit.
This position requires regular standing and walking both indoors and outside in different weather conditions. In addition, the employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 45 pounds.
Any employment offer is conditional until successful completion and passing of a pre-employment physical examination, approval of your driving record by our insurance carrier, and drug screening paid for by Rombauer Vineyards.