Responsible for administering the accounts payable function for Delicato Family Wines. This requires high volume of invoice processing, analysis and exercise of discretion in relation to vendor discussions/negotiations regarding payment schedules and late payment fees. Participates in the regular payment activities for all companies.
• Reviews invoices and compares to purchase order and receiving documents (3 way match)
• Works directly with the procurement and receiving departments to reconcile any pricing or quantity variances
• Reviews invoices for appropriate documentation and approvals according to delegation of authority; asks follow-up questions as appropriate
• Prepares and reviews invoices for adherence to company policies
• Reconciles vendor statements and works with vendors in resolving discrepancies on invoices for discounts, errors, late payments, etc.
• Leads in processing weekly check disbursement runs and coordinates check signing schedule exceptions
• Leads in processing all electronic payments including ACH, Wires and Credit Card
• Understanding of vendor master data and 1099 requirements
• Processes payments by credit card and reconcile monthly credit card statement
• Assists in month end close with accrual and expense analysis
• Processes journal entries as needed
• Distributes invoices to the appropriate cost center managers for approval
• Backup for grower payable process
• Provides supporting documentation for audits
• Filing and general office support
• Performs other functions and responsibilities as assigned and as time permits
• Handles sensitive information appropriately and confidentially
• Maintains professional image with all suppliers, growers and any internal customers
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• 5+ years of accounting and/or business experience, including accounts payable, general ledger and account analysis.
• College courses in accounting or related field may be counted towards business experience requirement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Requires a strong understanding of business operations and systems, excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, and negotiation, problem solving, research and resolution & nbsp;skills, along with strong organizational and time management skills, data analysis and ability to multi-task.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
• Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages and fractions.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows Excel & Word along with a minimum of 2 years of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) experience; SAP experience preferred.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.