Direct to Consumer Sales Associate
Joseph Jewell Wines is a growing small-production Humboldt & Sonoma Counties Pinot Noir house located in Forestville, CA.
We strive to create elegant, balanced wines that let the vineyard and vintage shine. Our philosophy requires that the wine pair naturally with food, but also be able to stand on its own whenever the occasion requires. Our ultimate goal is to produce distinctive, soulful, and delicious vineyard-designated wines.
General Job Description
The Direct to Consumer Sales Associate will provide excellent customer service to all tasting room guests, our wine club members and direct email or online customers, while creatively contributing to the growth of our business by demonstrating the following:
• Willingness to experiment and try new ideas to push the boundaries of a traditional winery outreach program and drive new customers to tasting room, website and events.
• Supporting the Sales & Marketing Director with and communicating effective marketing programs including customer outreach, promotional materials, events, and packages for our members and customers.
• Curate wine flights & tasting menus and manage guest reservations for tasting experiences.
• Host and coordinate virtual wine tasting events for club members and corporate accounts
• Act as a Brand Ambassador, providing a unique and appropriate guest experience reflective of the brand philosophy and identity resulting in wine sales.
• Building new and retaining existing wine club loyalists through customer engagement, consistent follow-up and outstanding customer service; resulting in increased sales and longevity of membership.
• Provide beyond expectation customer service in a consistent, timely and thoughtful manner with all customers.
• Assist with the processing of club shipments and all other tasks as required.
• Assist and develop innovative customer outreach programs
• Process orders, billing and collecting credit card data
• Maintenance of all membership files
• Precise inventory management
• Oversee compliance for shipments
• Provide stellar customer service; internal and external
• Collaborate with owners to support club membership and activities
• Tracking of wine club metrics (measures of success and reporting)
• Assist with all development, coordination and execution of Winery and Club Member events
• Inventory management and coordination to ensure smooth delivery of quarterly wine club shipments
• Make sure shipping materials & other Tasting Room supplies are stocked
• Research and resolve shipping and other customer service issues
• As directed, coordinate the development of marketing materials
• Coordination with outside vendors and internal resources as needed to support brand
Qualifications and Skills
• Self-starter, clear communicator, positive energy, multi-tasker
• Wine knowledgeable and effective sales person
• At least 1 year experience in Wine Retail and/or Wine Club Coordination (or equivalent)
• WSET 2 or equivalent certification is a bonus, but not required
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Vinespring, Square
• Excellent attention to detail and flawless customer follow-up
• Good sense of humor
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
• Must be able to work Friday-Sunday work schedule, including occasional evenings and holidays
Part-Time. Compensation is hourly rate (DOE) with sales commission, tips and wine club incentives. This position has room to grow as the brand grows over the next 6 - 12 months.