1. Ensures all routes are delivered in a timely manner.
2. Manages coverage of drivers, accounting for vacations, absences, etc.
3. Monitors performance of drivers and reports any disciplinary issues to the Director of Transportation.
4. Responsible for payroll submissions, vacation approvals, recruiting, and conducting performance appraisals on direct reports.
5. Completes scheduled driver audits for all drivers in assigned territory.
6. Maintains all fuel receipts for all terminals, matching them to monthly billing statements.
7. Keeps daily Error Log with Driver Check-In Coordinator to monitor delivery, warehouse, and sales errors.
8. Acts as liaison between drivers and sales consultants.
9. Recruits and trains all new drivers in accordance with company orientation checklist and DOT New Driver criteria.
10. Fills in as emergency back-up for any route in the event driver is unavailable.
11. Works with Director of Transportation to maintain compliance with all DOT and FMCSA rules and regulations.
12. Perform spot vehicle inspections and report findings to Director of Transportation.
13. Assists accounting staff with any delivery questions.
14. Arrives to work, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
15. Meets agreed-upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
1. Trains staff on and follows all vehicular safety policies and procedures; actively makes improvements to processes to ensure highest level of safety at all times; reports all accidents to the appropriate group.
2. Communicate hazards and/or suggest improvements to Manager.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
Manual pallet jack, electric pallet jack (when duly certified), hand truck.
Prolonged sitting, driving, ability to work in severe weather conditions, both heat and cold, and constant travel by automobile.
Manual dexterity, visual acuity, reaching, bending, climbing, lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving up to 50 pounds.
1. High school diploma or GED; additional education preferred.
2. One year of supervisory experience in a logistics role.
3. Valid driver's license; CDL preferred.
4. Three to five years of experience as truck driver.
5. Ability to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.