Family-owned winery with 25 years of wine production in the Walla Walla Valley is seeking a Tasting Room Associate.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for people, strong communication and organizational skills, and who knows the importance of teamwork. This person should be able to prioritize, multitask, problem solve and provide the highest quality of customer service. The ideal candidate must be gracious, professional, energetic and driven by the joy of hosting guests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Daily Operations/Guest Experience
- Provide guests with a memorable tasting experience while communicating information about the wines, vineyards, and history of the property, and translate that experience into wine sales and club memberships.
- Administrative and maintenance duties, including cash handling, data entry, appointment scheduling, routine cleaning, stocking wine
- Operate point-of-sale software on iPad and Windows PC (WineDirect)
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous tasting room experience
- Ability to balance superb hospitality with focus on sales
- Excellent communication skills and a flair for connecting with others
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to relay knowledge of wines and wine production
- Passionate and knowledgeable about wine, food and agriculture, with a willingness to broaden knowledge base
Willingness and ability to:
- Lift and handle materials weighing up to 40 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- Have flexible and seasonal availability, including weekends and some holiday hours