At Farm Collective, we create wines, experiences, and stories unlike any in the world and inspire people through highly-expressive winemaking, sincere hospitality, and cool, creative environments.
We are looking to add a Marketing Manager to our team to build brand awareness, tell stories and drive wine sales through management of company websites, email campaigns, social media, wine clubs and winery events. This position will primarily focus on James Cole Winery, but will also support Tank Garage Winery.
While the majority of this position is creatively focused, as part of a small and nimble team, this position is also responsible for providing hands-on operational support. If you enjoy switching back and forth between left and right-brained activities, this could be an ideal position for you.
We are looking for somebody that is creative, innovative and tactical. You should be an excellent writer and storyteller, with strong technical skills and experience in photography, Adobe CC, and the internet. You should be dynamic, flexible, a self-starter, and able to adapt to the wineries’ frequently changing needs and the company’s growth. Beyond that, you need to be down for anything, willing to bust your ass and able to keep moving when things don't go your way. We value self-starters, optimists, and dreamers.
• Develop marketing strategies to build and enhance winery brands.
• Drive wine sales and meet sales goals by implementing effective marketing and selling techniques.
• Run and maintain our websites and online stores, CRM and POS.
• Craft and send innovative, effective email campaigns.
• Manage social media content; stack those followers and likes on Instagram and Facebook.
• Deliver game-changing customer service every single day, whether coordinating a private tasting for a VIP group, or helping to resolve shipping, logistics and compliance issues.
• Run seasonal Wine Club releases and manage communication strategies for engaging and retaining our club members.
• Create new written content, photography, videos, printed materials and new products.
• Create insightful reports and leverage data to help drive the business forward.
• Organize, promote and lead awesome events at our wineries (whenever we are allowed to host events again).
• Learn, grow, dominate, have a life.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
• 3-5+ years working in digital marketing required, with experience in wine marketing strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated passion for wine and the wine industry.
• Strong technical skills including Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, and Excel.
• Photography, videography and creative writing skills.
• Understanding of sales psychology and effective selling techniques.
• Passion for working with small businesses and ability to thrive in a small, creative, start-up environment with limited direction.
• Familiarity with Instagram and Facebook and ads.
• Strong sense of organization and consistency with the ability to prioritize and hit deadlines.
• Strong skills with math, data and statistics.
• Must have own transportation, a valid driver's license and be insurable. This position will be required to travel regularly between different locations throughout Napa valley and potentially to different vineyard sites further away.
• A true love of wine, food, music, and adventure.
• Familiarity with WineDirect (Vin65) preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM-ish to 5:30 PM-ish with lots of flexibility.
• Work will primarily be at our offices in Napa, California.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs (case of wine) and to remain standing on feet for long periods of time.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS
• We pay above industry average with generous bonus opportunities.
• Regular full-time employees also get access to our comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. They’re also eligible for paid time off, paid holidays and a retirement plan with a company match. Pretty sweet, huh?
• Unlimited vacation!* Got your attention? Ok, there's an asterisk because we have some rules and requirements, but our exempt, salaried team members enjoy flexible, uncapped time off.
• Opportunities to work remotely.
• Of course, you’ll also get a wine allocation so you can enjoy and share our fantastic products with your friends and family outside of the tasting room (or keep it to yourself, we won’t tell).
• An endless supply of sparkling water, big Mac computers, standing desks, vinyl records, and more.
OUR CORE VALUES
• Be Different: Creativity and curiosity drive us. By pursuing what is fundamentally fresh, different, and exciting, we create our biggest competitive advantage. We believe that a sharper nail is better than a bigger hammer. We mimic no one. We lead, innovate, and take risks.
• Give a Sh!t: Our team is made of self-starters. We are passionate, ambitious, and love to win. We take pride in the quality and consistency of our work because it helps our business and because it reflects our individual character and integrity.
• Embrace Growth: For our company to thrive, we must be financially profitable and grow professionally. We act in the best interest of our business. We stay lean, mean, and flexible. We strive to create new opportunities and celebrate our successes.
• Stay Cool: Life is short. We believe that hard work should enable us to live rewarding lives. In effort to maintain a healthy life-work balance, we must cut out all bullsh!t. Our work days are fun, productive, and positive. We adore our customers and are grateful for them. To each other we are open, honest, and selfless. We treat everyone with respect.
• Apply on company website.
• Applicants must be willing to consent to a background check.