ABOUT CROCKER & STARR WINES
This small St. Helena winery, well known among world class sommeliers and wine aficionados, is famous for creating great wines from Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, and Malbec. Crocker & Starr seeks to create only world-class wines. To achieve this goal, Crocker & Starr is committed to only the highest quality of care and attention to detail from the soil and vines to the satisfaction of its customers. Thus, Crocker & Starr is seeking only the highest quality people who are motivated and driven to achieve its goals. Visit crockerandstarr.com to learn more about us.
Crocker & Starr is seeking an experienced hospitality and wine sales professional with a proven successful track record. This person will be dependable, creative, responsible and will also build strong direct to consumer relationships and sales for the company.
The Hospitality and Sales Associate will be responsible for developing and maintaining lifetime customer relationships by offering a personalized, first class, customer experience at every touch point – ranging from exclusive tastings, phone and email customer care, offsite and private events. Prior experience representing and creating an enviable customer experience for a luxury wine brand is required.
The Hospitality and Sales Associate will be responsible for the following:
• Aggressively and respectfully move direct sales. Meet sales goals as established by the company. Understand and work towards goals using the Dashboard.
• Manage the entire customer experience – from first phone call to tour/tasting through order fulfillment. Adapt the Crocker & Starr standard of doing business.
• Master customer management computer programs, order processing and order fulfillment. Systems includes but not limited to WineDirect, Vinovisit, ShipCompliant, Outlook,
Excel and internet order based tracking system.
• Follow up with phone sales efforts after the release/allocation announcements are sent to our club members and mailing list in a timely fashion.
• Coordinate and conduct private tours and tastings on the Estate property. Focus on conversions of customers to club memberships and increase average order value.
• Implement and manage Social Media strategies including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram as the social networking liaison to Visitor Centers, Chambers and
other community organizations.
• Sets goals for social media growth and regularly reports on metrics, trends, growth and ROI
• Proudly attend and work events/tastings as the Ambassador for Crocker and Starr.
• Assist in outreach programs and be a liaison to specialty drivers, concierges, destination companies and fellow winery hospitality referral leads. Keep Crocker & Starr high
on their list to schedule visits with us with their most exclusive customers.
• Follow up with customers to ensure satisfaction with the Crocker & Starr experience.
• Computer savvy with an eye for detail.
• Accurately manage inventory (includes warehouse, physical, winery), work with current inventory protocol and contribute to the development of better management systems.
• Convert every potential customer into a Crocker & Starr loyal fan and winery member.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in DTC Wine Retail, Hospitality Experiences with high end wineries. Ability to distinguish between brands and sell high end wines to wine
• Strong working knowledge and passion for the wine and food industry. Enjoy working in a small business and show willingness to take personal responsibility for completing
• History of effective time management. Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to multitask. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Strong communication skills. Communicates with immediacy and urgency to implement and complete tasks.
• Team player and extraordinary Winery Ambassador with strong relationship building skills with Team, DTC, DTT.
• Comprehensive organizational, problem solving, creative and analytical skills; must be able to create and execute ideas.
• Proficient in Vin65/WineDirect and ShipCompliant, Advanced PC skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), B2C and B2B.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with listening and presentation skills.
• Professional in demeanor and appearance. A mature, dependable and responsible wine professional with sound judgment and the highest of ethical standards.
• Flexible schedule including weekends and occasional evenings for special events.
• Able to lift 50 + pounds and at least 21 years of age with a valid driver's license.
• An undergraduate degree is preferred. Professional Wine education courses are appreciated. WISE Academy training is a strong plus as is a Level II-IV certification through the
Court of Master Sommeliers
• Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• Benefits package includes medical and vision insurance, 401K, and vacation.
No phone calls, please. Non-Smoking Environment