OBJECTIVE: The Durell Vineyard Estate Host is primarily responsible for hosting visitors and extending hospitality to a range of guests and members at Dunstan Wines. Candidates should have a passion for wine and the ability to sell and communicate clearly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greet visitors, discuss wine and vineyard history, and respond to customer questions as appropriate.
• Provide an exceptional experience to every group.
• Accurately describe the wines, wine-making techniques, winery and vineyard history, appellations and unique aspects of the vineyard.
• Effectively promote and sell wine and club memberships.
• Take initiative for learning our wines and the history of the Durell Vineyard.
• Possess strong hospitality acumen and sales techniques.
• Participate in and assist with special events at the vineyard and other venues.
• Wash and polish glassware and ensure a clean and tidy area for guests.
• Must be willing and able to work weekends (3 days a week to start).
• Five years in a winery or restaurant management position or equivalent education/work experience.
• Ability to set priorities and work independently and display an appropriate sense of urgency.
• Ability to hit sales and club sign-up goals.
• Comfortable using a computer, tablet, or phone for point of sale transactions.
• Ability to multitask and problem-solve effectively and efficiently.
• Positive and professional attitude; self-motivated.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Valid California driver’s license.
• Lift and handle materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
• Stand on a hard surface for extended periods.
• Grasp, stoop, squat, climb stairs, push or pull, carry and reach over shoulder.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure.