Foley Family Wines is a growing organization focused on team work and career development while having fun! If you are a self-starter, have an eagerness to learn and positively impact the business with your work...this is the organization to join!
Job Title: Facility Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Facilities Maintenance Manager
Classification: Non-exempt (Hourly)
The individual for this position under the direction and leadership of the Facilities Maintenance Department will work towards attaining maintenance goals and company objectives. The Facilities Maintenance Technician carries out skilled technical duties involving repair, maintenance, replacement, installation of all facility equipment and systems. Tasks may include repair, maintenance, alteration, installation, fabrication, construction which require utilization of skills in problem solving, teamwork, communication, giving attention to detail and abiding by safety guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adhere to daily/weekly/monthly work schedule to secure adequate resources to complete job tasks.
• Maintain routine communication with all departments regarding equipment operating status and availability.
• Responsible for maintaining Plant Maintenance work order backlog and ensuring work orders are closed out in a timely manner.
• Assist in maintaining all plant equipment records.
• Plan all activities associated with planned utility outages under the direction of the Maintenance Manager. Communicate planned outages and ensure coordination with production activities.
• Maintain and repair proper lighting both interior and exterior of grounds and buildings.
• Identify and Alert Managers to Facility related safety concerns.
• Fire sprinkler system (pumps, PIVs, hydrants and extinguishers) and record keeping.
• Rain gutters and drains for storm water regulations.
• Record keeping for all rolling vehicles and lift trucks.
• Bottling line and packing equipment.
• Wine processing equipment (press, pumps, filters and destemmed).
• Offer solutions to problems and procedures to increase efficiency and safety.
• Works with the Maintenance Manager to create written procedures for all maintenance tasks.
• Promotes quality work and a team atmosphere.
• Adheres to all safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to, timely and accurate reporting of all work-related injuries and illnesses to the supervisor, promoting safety awareness to co-workers.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Other Abilities:
• 3 years of Maintenance/Repair work experience.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Ability to effectively communicate to site personnel, Vendors, OEM’s, and Management. Proven strong communication skills.
• Able to multi-task, handle high pressure situations with limited supervision and meet deadlines.
• Ability to self-initiate work during work order lull.
• Must be able to exercise fiscal responsibility, within established budgetary constraints.
• Must be able to problem-solve and adjust to changing timelines.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s values of exhibiting the highest quality standards in all endeavors.
• Basic electrical 1ph and 3ph, control wiring and motor inverters. Residential and industrial (pump panels and controls).
• Lay out and install piping (PVC, copper and steel) and knowledge of basic plumbing techniques.
• Some engine mechanical knowledge is a plus.
• Basic construction, concrete work and wood finishing.
• Operate and read calibration and measuring instruments.
• Welding basics.
• Read plans and schematics. Plumbing, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work a flexible work schedule and overtime, particularly during harvest.
• Sit and use computer for extended periods.
• Ability to stand or kneel for extended periods of time
PreVail Property – Geyserville, CA