We are an established wine and spirits store located in Midtown East Manhattan, looking to hire a full time manager/buyer. We're passionate about wine, spirits and customer service and looking to integrate like-minded people into our team.
Your daily duties will consist of the following:
- Helping customers find wines and spirits and providing recommendations
- Researching, tasting and purchasing products
- Inputting Inventory into POS system
- Cash register duties
- Processing phone and website orders
- Social media and weekly email blasts
- Write descriptions and shelf talkers for new items
You should be passionate about wine and spirits you must possess at least ONE of the following:
- 2-5 years Sommelier experience or a wine/spirits related field
- 3-5 years salesperson at a wine store
- 1-3 years as a manager and buyer at a wine store
- Willing to work 50 hours/week nights, weekends and holidays.
- Trustworthy, punctual, personable, and posses strong writing and communication skills
- Comfortable standing for extended periods of time
- Strong knowledge of fine wines, wine regions and spirits
- Capable of analyzing sales data and market trends to make educated purchasing decisions
- Experience with managing, training and scheduling employees
- Able to multitask between helping customers, researching wines and spirits, processing website orders etc...
- Strong computer skills: Comfortable with MS Excel and Word, Mac OS, Social Media (Instagram, Facebook)
Please provide a copy of your resume and include in the body of the email:
- Your strengths and weaknesses in terms of wines and spirits knowledge
- What do you see trending in the current world of wine
- Describe a wine or spirit you tasted recently that stood out and excited you
- Earliest possible start date
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits and employee discounts. Best of luck to everyone.