The General Manager has primary leadership responsibility to direct the execution of programs to achieve corporate and supplier objectives in order to maximize sales and profitability for the State of Oregon. The General Manager will recognize and develop new opportunities to drive business development efforts. This position will directly report to the President of Wilson Daniels.
• Lead and direct the activities of management personnel to ensure achievement of company and supplier sales and objectives.
• Direct the execution of the business plan to achieve financial objectives for assigned market.
• Develop and manage productive supplier and customer relationships.
• Organize the structure and utilization of management personnel in assigned areas and ensure that all positions are appropriately staffed to achieve company and supplier objectives.
• Utilize assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources (individuals or teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes.
• Champion key initiatives such as the ERP and WMS implementation and deployment.
• Provide oversight to other functional areas within the region.
• Understand the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the company’s sales and operations functions as well as sales and warehouse information systems.
• As an influential member of the senior management team, motivate and lead a diverse group of leaders to ensure continuous development and growth.
• Establish priorities and challenge teams to constantly maintain and improve brand standards.
• Convey knowledge of key customer’s business operations and the ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products to each.
• Focus on continuous improvements and make recommendations to improve the business and operations.
• Function as a key member of the executive management team communicating and representing all aspects of the sales and operations organizations for area of responsibility.
• Monitor pricing and programming within respective area of responsibility.
• Interact regularly with the broader executive leadership team and individual department heads to ensure that the region’s operational priorities are aligned with the company direction.
• This position will have supervisory responsibilities including hiring, selecting, corrective action, terminating, and employee relation issues; financial/budget forecasting and budgeting.
• May perform other duties assigned.
• A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited four-year college or university. MBA preferred.
• At least 10 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior experience in the beverage industry a must.
• Prior experience with the implementation of ERP and/or Warehouse Management System (WMS) desirable.
• Successful track record delivering on budgetary and operational goals.
• Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and leadership skills.
• Proven track record of successful sales and management skills.
• Ability to work with management, direct reports, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
• The ability to train and develop direct reports.
• Prepared to travel extensively to various locations.
**We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.