St. Francis Winery & Vineyards is an ultra-premium winery located in the heart of the Sonoma Valley. We are a certified sustainable family-owned winery whose commitment to excellence has resulted in continued recognition for our award winning wines and our outstanding wine & food pairing experiences. We are proud of all of our accomplishments, including being voted one of the Best Places to Work in the North Bay by our employees 10 years in a row.
We are currently recruiting for an Accounting Specialist who will be responsible for the preparation and analysis of payroll, accounts payable, and cased goods inventory. This is a regular, full-time, hourly position with a Monday through Friday standard work week. Overtime may be occasionally required, often on short notice, this is a full-time, non-exempt position.
• Prepare bi-weekly payroll for employees at multiple locations, ensuring accuracy of payroll input and timely transmission for paycheck processing.
• Review and reconcile timekeeping records and interact with managers and employees as needed to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing.
• Input relevant data into the payroll and timekeeping systems.
• Respond to payroll related questions from managers and employees and investigate and resolve paycheck and PTO issues and discrepancies.
• Process wage garnishment orders.
• Prepare and input payroll journal entries.
• Preparation of reports for workers’ compensation, EDD, SDI, etc.
• Recommend and implement improved payroll processing policies, processes and procedures to increase operating efficiencies.
• Maintain accounts payable files and records.
• Process all invoices for payment, print and mail checks.
• Respond to vendor and employee inquiries regarding invoices, expenses, and check requests; reconcile any discrepancies.
• Record credit card expenses in the GL and ensure that statements reconcile with receipts.
• Preparation and distribution of 1099’s.
Cased Goods Inventory
• Take monthly physical inventory of wine cased goods.
• Investigate discrepancies for root cause.
• Propose inventory adjustments based on physical count variances.
• Assist with month-end close, journal entries, account reconciliations, year-end closing and preparation of audit work papers.
• Assist other members of the Accounting Department as needed.
• Develop and maintain an attitude of teamwork and enthusiastic employee relations between Accounting and all departments and employees.
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and the ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information and/or situations, maintaining discretion and confidentiality at all times.
• Keep all timekeeping, payroll and accounts payable standard operating procedures up to date
• Fully support Winery policies and procedures.
• Fully support the Winery’s commitment to the established Safety practices and policies.
• Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
• AA degree in Accounting or related field and minimum 3 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2 years of previous payroll experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of current wage and hour laws, general accounting and payroll procedures.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Good verbal/written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work well within a team environment and effectively communicate among all departments and all levels of the organization.
• Highly organized, accurate, detail and multi-task oriented.
• Ability to complete tasks in an accurate manner within established time constraints.
• Strong computer skills in MS Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook and Navision or comparable accounting software.
• Proficient with Paylocity or comparable payroll and time keeping software.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 45lbs. on a frequent basis.
• Bi-lingual in English/Spanish a plus.
• Able to work overtime on an occasional basis, with minimal notice.
St. Francis Winery and Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a divers and inclusive work environment. (EOE M/V/F/D)