Full-Time Tasting Room Sales Associate
We are a small family operated winery located in the heart of Alexander Valley. We are looking for someone to join our tasting room team who loves working with the public and has a passion for providing exceptional customer service.
Ideal candidates are motivated self-starters and team players who will proudly represent the quality of Trentadue wines.
Primary responsibilities include: visitor and customer relationship development, wine sales, Wine Club sign-ups, consumer education (wine and winegrowing), event support, inventory maintenance and on-going customer communications. We are looking for people who can work flexible hours – primarily weekends and some weekdays. Requires some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.) and standing for long periods – in a beautiful setting!
• Actively listens and connects with guests
• Operates computer cash register.
• Maintains tasting room, grounds and inventory
• Represents winery at outside functions as needed
• Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and our wines
• Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed
• Attends all staff training meetings
• Performs other duties as assigned by Manager
• Ensure all visitors are greeted and receive a positive and memorable experience
• Pour wine and provide wine education/winery history
• Conducts winery tours and tastings
• Ability to help execute special events
• Promoting and facilitating the sale of wine and wine club membership
• Replenish wine and merchandise stock as needed
• Set-up and break down tasting room
• Answer any incoming phone calls
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in retail sales or hospitality preferred
• Computer skills a plus (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, VinNow a plus, social networking)
• Attitude: positive, outgoing "can-do", courteous demeanor
• Multi-tasker: efficiently and effectively balance guest services with assigned duties
• Build rapport with guests: provide high level of follow-up/after-visit service
• Strong salesmanship skills: meet revenue targets in a non-hard-sell environment
WAGE: Hourly wages BOE plus bonuses on wine sales and wine club signups.
Full-Time employees are eligible for a competitive health benefit package.