Direct to Consumer Sales Manager Neely Wine
Neely is an estate winery and vineyard (Spring Ridge Vineyard) located in Portola Valley at the northern reach of the Santa Cruz Mountains appellation. We produce approximately 2000 cases annually on site. Our vineyards are sustainably farmed and date back to the early 1980s, with blocks of chardonnay and pinot noir. Additional plantings of new varietals are coming on line. Our wines receive excellent scores and enjoy a strong local clientele. Neely wines have been distributed nationally, but we are shifting to a DTC model. We anticipate opening a reservation-only sales and tasting room on site in the near future to accelerate wine club membership.
The DTC Sales Manager is a comprehensive position, focused on wine club and online sales and also on managing a new tasting room. The Sales Manager will create, implement and manage strategies to increase sales in all direct retail channels, building on campaigns and materials developed to date. The Sales Manager will be responsible for growing Wine Club enrollment, providing a consistently high level of customer service. The Sales Manager will interact regularly with customers and members via phone, in the tasting room and via email, and will work to resolve customer issues promptly. The Sales Manager will plan and oversee occasional member events with the support of the Neely Wine team and may serve as a winery representative during internal and external promotional functions.
The DTC Sales Manager will work in partnership with the entire Neely Wine team to facilitate proactive and efficient communication and execution of business objectives.
Competitive compensation package that includes base pay, bonus, healthcare, paid vacation, and federal holidays and sick leave
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Craft and manage digital marketing campaigns; develop/populate photo/video library
• Fulfill UPS orders. Follow up on returns, track packages, decrease redirects and returns
• Implement and manage inventory system to ensure adequate stock at winery
• Work a limited number of special events for wine club members, including set up, break down, pouring wine, hosting guests as needed.
• Host tastings (virtual and/or in person), including weekends
• Make reservations for tasting experiences and provide basic concierge service
• Make occasional sales calls at local retail accounts and/or work with broker
• Website updating and maintenance
• Track wine club member join/leave/lifetime value
• Populate digital and print media (e.g., tech sheets)
• Social media posts
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of Neely Wine story, as well as winemaking process, in order to effectively advise and sell wine to guests in person, via email and phone
• Submit wines to critics and maintain records
• Process orders and coordinate logistics
• Prepare and send all new club members welcome communication
• Manage member data—update customer information as requested, cancellations, special requests, on-hold memberships, etc.
• Document customer interactions with notes in our POS system
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• 3-5 years of DTC/wine club management experience or equivalent
• Strong computer skills, and competent in learning new software
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook & Excel)
• Strong sales and service skills
• Experience in wine tasting room management and hospitality
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, ability to manage multiple projects
• Creative thinker who can develop new initiatives for innovation and growth
• Strong design sensibilities and understanding of end-user goals
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs for short periods
• Valid driver’s license
• BA/BS degree in marketing, business management or equivalent work experience
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite to include Photoshop and InDesign
• Working knowledge of Mail Chimp and Vinoshipper