The Area Manager (AM) will be responsible for developing business and relationships with key restaurateurs and retailers within the assigned geography, including regional accounts. AM will be focused on field sales support of our two distributors for Upstate New York.
The AM will report to the State Manager on a regular basis to ensure that milestones are met and work is progressing as pre-planned. This position will be responsible for implementation and management of their assigned geography in accordance with the guidelines set by the State Manager and Sales Director that will contribute to the achievement of set sales objectives. The AM will also be involved with sales blitzes, market surveys, and other Freixenet Mionetto USA initiatives outside of their geography in support of the Northeast sales team.
• Develop relationships with distributor management and sales force assigned to their geography
• Implement on premise activation plans in key on premise accounts
• On Premise:
o Open new accounts; present and gain new by the glass and by the bottle placements as well as maintaining current business in their key accounts
o Conduct on premise staff trainings, educational seminars for customers and consumers and surveys
• Off Premise:
o Open new accounts; present and gain new distribution, shelf placement & displays.
o Conduct staff trainings, in-store tastings (when applicable), educational seminars for customers and consumers and surveys
• Establish weekly, bi-weekly and monthly account call frequencies for their on premise accounts.
• Assess key accounts and develop plans to improve Freixenet Mionetto USA’s brand presence and overall business
• Establish and maintain solid relationships with their key accounts and regional accounts
• Work effectively with distributor managers and reps and key accounts to achieve company goals
• Conduct sales meetings and training seminars for distributor salespeople
• Provide daily/weekly/monthly updates to your manager and Director of Sales
• Provide timely and accurate weekly and monthly progress reports against goals
• Attend and participate in distributor sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows
• Achieve territory sales and distribution goals
• Executing territory sales plans
• Develop positive relationships with other Freixenet Mionetto USA employees in Marketing, Administration, Logistics, Finance and other departments as needed
• 3+ years as a salesperson or merchandiser, Italian wine knowledge is a plus
• Understanding and ability to improve and to grow sales in all areas of the business
• Knowledge of territory and Key Accounts within the territory
• Good knowledge of and passion for the fine wine category
• Excellent organizational/project management skills
• Good communication skills – very articulate with good public speaking ability/experience and excellent written skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word, as well as knowledge of Diver
• Employee must live in their territory
This job operates from Employee’s home in the territory in a professional office environment as their base, with outside sales as predominant work environment.
Freixenet Mionetto USA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Freixenet Mionetto USA, the US subsidiary of Henkell Freixenet, offers a comprehensive portfolio of premium, iconic sparkling wine brands from renowned producers around the world. Led by quality and innovation, the company ranks in the top six sparkling wine companies in the US and is #1 globally.