Outbound Direct Sales Manager
St. Helena, CA
Hall Family Wines is seeking an exceptional wine sales professional to lead our outbound sales team. The primary role of this position is to develop sales opportunities among our non-member customer list by phone and email in a manner that deepens their relationship with our brands. In addition, candidates must possess the ability to provide a high level of personal service, have an aptitude for selling wine, are good with systems, and managing sales teams.
• Identify new areas of business and strategies to maximize sales.
• Successfully execute email and phone sales campaigns to meet or exceed monthly sales goals.
• Mine our non-member customer database to create consumer outreach lists for the outbound department.
• Write campaign email copy for the outbound department.
• Strengthen current and new customer relationships through sales and service.
• Delight our customers with your prompt and professional communication and exceptional customer service.
• Utilize our order management system (Magento) to place orders and issue refunds.
• Log notes, communications, and cases for each customer record in our CRM (Salesforce).
• Collaborate with other departments and work within our systems to identify and solve shipping and order issues.
• Coach and lead two direct reports to become high-performing salespeople.
• Develop individual monthly sales targets for each team member based on department goals.
• Monitor and report on individual and department metrics and key performance indicators.
• Participate in leadership meetings, such as monthly managers meetings and bi-annual planning meetings.
• Create standard operating procedures and protocols for the Outbound Sales Team.
• Display a positive attitude and work with integrity when communicating with customers and co-workers.
• Complete other duties and responsibilities as required by the winery.
• 3+ years Sales Experience
• Highly motivated self-starter with a proven track record in sales
• Winery DTC experience highly desired, WSET, CSW, preferred but not required.
• Working knowledge of Excel and Salesforce (or other equivalent experience with CRM)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Positive Attitude
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Excel at managing competing priorities and knowing when to escalate issues
• Enjoy a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and aggressive sales goals
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
• Salary dependent on experience with potential for bonus
• Among others, benefits include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision), paid vacation, paid volunteer work, 401K, and discounts on wines.
About HALL Family Wines:
• HALL, WALT and BACA produce critically acclaimed Cabernet Sauvignons, Pinot Noirs and Zinfandels that stand among the best in the world. We are deeply committed to the production of exceptional wines that are reflections of the land from which the grapes are grown. We are proud leaders in sustainability, having built the first LEED Gold winery in California, in addition to our 11 certified sustainable (CCWA) Estate vineyards.
• At HALL Family Wines, we strive to do the right thing, to follow responsible business practices and to give back to our communities. We believe in the philosophy of leaving the world better than we found it, a philosophy we have been putting into action for 50 years, both in business and through our family Foundation, established in 1977.
• Hall Wines is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, veteran or disability status.
If values and community responsibility are important factors for you in choosing a place to work, if you enjoy working in an environment that prizes creativity, and if you hold yourself to a high standard of excellence in your job performance, this position may be a good fit for you. Local candidates only.