A. Morell Wines is currently seeking for a Cellar Master.
Located in Walla Walla WA, A. Morell Wines is a full service, private production management company. Delivering the Northwest's most comprehensive and critically successful winemaking management, to discerning clients looking for the pinnacle of what the wine industry can provide. Our state of the art facility combined with our staff, furnish a level of expertise that allows us to execute consistently, with over 800 tons and 100+ bottling's a year.
The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Production Winemaker; this position offers the opportunity to experience winemaking with 20+ varieties and diverse techniques. This position is hands-on and requires technical knowledge of winemaking. The Cellar Master will be responsible for safely supervise and perform cellar operations to our uncompromising standards, operating various technical equipment and participating in the review and development of standard operating procedures. The candidate must be able to help organize and complete work in an effective and efficient manner, with a focus on quality, able to work independently and as a part of a team.
Primary responsibilities include coordination, supervision and execution of various production operations in all facets of winemaking like: rackings, additions, barrel work, general harvest operations and maintaining cellar cleanliness and safety at all times. It will be required to work a variety of shifts including weekends during harvest and/or as needed.
Job description & responsibilities:
- Team Supervision.
- Operate and maintain general winery equipment.
- Supervise various cellar operations.
- Assign and complete work orders.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized cellar.
- Follow and observe all safety guidelines for cellar operations.
- Must be available for special events.
- Assist on bottling line.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Great communication skills, spoken and written
- Can work well as a team member/team manager.
- Motivated and passionate about producing high quality wines.
- Able to lift 25kg+ and able to work at heights and stand or perform physical activities for several hours.
- Willing to work extended hours during harvest or if required.
- Significant experience / training exclusive. BA/BS or Graduate Diploma in Enology or similar field exclusive.
- Mechanical ability and competency with running and maintaining winery equipment (pumps, filters, bottling line) exclusive.
- Previous references exclusive.