Provide accurate and timely processing and documenting of invoicing and cash receipts. Implement company accounts receivable policies ensuring appropriate authorization, application and documentation. Handle Grape Contracts and material costing. Provide research, data entry and administrative support for special projects as needed.
Interacts with: Accounting Staff, Distributor Network and production Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
o Performs credit and background checks (run DUNS report) on potential customers and advises management on findings and limits to be extended
o Maintains up-to-date credit file on each active customer, obtains credit application from each new customer
o Monitors customer status (via AR Aging) and recommends actions to be taken on delinquent accounts
o Makes collection calls and prepares collection letters
o Work with regional managers and sales management as needed in collection efforts
o Deposit customer checks and post daily cash in NAV
o Verify and approve commission payment
o Close and Balance Accounts Receivable monthly under direction of management
o Primary Administrator of pricing database maintenance in NAV
o Supports promotional spending Bill Back processing
o Serves as backup for AP/Bill Back Admin during staff absences and vacancies
o Handle annual grape contracts in NAV
o Process material cost during month end close
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Minimum 6-10 years winery Accounts Receivable, material costing experience
• Deadline and detail-oriented
• “Can Do!” attitude, excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities, work as a team in a courteous and respectful manner at all time.
• Excellent customer service and able to make important, independent decisions.
• Can remember/recall information, instructions, safety precautions, procedures and protocols.
• Ability to use Excel and collect and create bi-monthly spreadsheet.