Under minimal supervision, the Business Analyst, Marketing and Sales Operations supports the financial engagement of Marketing and our Agency Brand Partners to help achieve financial goals and objectives. This position supports development of strategic brand plans and annual marketing plans, coordinates monthly accounting and financial reporting activity, and provides analysis and reporting to support new product and end-of-life initiatives. The analyst provides insightful financial and business reports and analysis for marketing, including identification and mitigation of risks and opportunities.
• Supports the annual planning process as well as periodic latest estimate forecasts for marketing, including detailed budgets and forecasts and breakouts by program type/activity
• Supports the strategic brand planning process. Creates brand planning templates and works with brand managers to develop strategic brand plans, including projected volumes, pricing, revenue and expenses. Makes recommendations to improve the process for efficiency and better outcomes.
• Develops financial journal entries on a monthly basis to support the monthly close process with marketing, including spend accrual reviews and analysis
• Generates, analyzes and distributes reports and analysis monthly to support Brand and Agency Partners, providing overview of business financial results as well as access to underlying details. Includes risk and opportunity analysis where applicable.
• Supports new brand launches or discontinuations on behalf of marketing, including analyzing inventory positions and potential or current run rates, and coordinates with Sales Finance to understand potential demand or use-up options
• Proactively communicates with internal customers and coworkers, ensuring accurate financial records and facilitating understanding of financial results. Investigates and corrects anomalies or inaccuracies in financial data or results
• Facilitates ad hoc analysis as necessary
• Maintain relationships and acts as a financial partner with marketing managers and VP(s). Works and thinks cross-functionally
• Maintains relationships with various other functional management teams to ensure quality deliverables and information flow, including Accounting, FP & amp;A, Sales Finance, HR, and Agency Partners
• Act as Delicato expert on reporting systems - drive innovation and efficiencies to improve reporting
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
Minimum of two years of experience in accounting or financial management. Prior experience in wine or beverage alcohol business a plus.
Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Familiarity with the three-tier distribution network, and shipment, depletion and scan data reporting and analysis preferred. Expert computer skills are required, with ability to report and analyze multi-dimensional data and complex information. Must exhibit excellent communication skills, analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
Certificates and Licenses
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.