The Consumer Sales Specialist is a sales-oriented team player who has a passion for customer service and creating a high-touch consumer experience. The candidate should possess a demonstrated ability for sales and a robust familiarity with the selling process: recognizing sales cues, upselling and, most importantly, closing the sale.
The individual in this role will need the ability to multi-task, maintaining focus and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. The Consumer Sales Specialist is often the first point of contact for anyone calling the winery - a positive, can-do attitude is required. In addition, the person occupying this role will need an eye for recognizing the opportunity for process improvement and have the ability to drive projects to execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other tasks may be assigned):
• Field inbound phone, email, web-based, fax and mail orders
• Field inbound calls regarding tasting reservations, wholesale inquiries and other topics, and transfer calls as necessary
• Curate and execute outbound sales campaigns based on current customer base
• Educate customers about the wines, the region and the Merry Edwards Winery brand story
• Physically process orders: input sales, charge credit cards, arrange shipment of wines and file invoices
• Stay current on compliance rules and shipping processes to relay accurate information to customers
• Be willing to think outside the box to go above and beyond and deliver the best customer service experience possible
• Serve as alternate host for on-site tasting appointments (may include weekend)
Spring and Fall Wine Release Specific
• Accurately and efficiently process allocation orders from initial offer - mail, fax, phone, email and web
• Help curate and execute the follow-up calling campaign that targets people who did not purchase during initial release period
• Continue to identify ways to improve the allocation process to build a better experience for our guests
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Intermediate data manipulation and analytics skills
• Previous experience with e-commerce platforms, POS and reservation systems
• Experience with inventory management and tracking
• Minimum AA degree
• Fine Wine Sales preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Be seated for long periods of time
• Be able to manage a multi-line phone system
• Be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds (approx. weight of a case of wine)