We're the producers, creators and marketers of beer, wine and spirts brands that people love. At Constellation Brands, we're driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver products and experiences that resonate now, tomorrow and well into the future. Because of this approach, we're the fastest-growing large CPG company in the U.S. at retail, with operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. Our premium portfolio of iconic brands like Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim Crawford, Robert Mondavi, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka, High West Whiskey, and more drive industry-leading growth for us today. But we're just getting started. Our ability to stay on the forefront of consumer trends has fueled our success since our founding in 1945 and will guide us in creating the next generation of products and experiences Worth Reaching For.
Simi Winery is seeking a Harvest Forklift Driver / Cellar Hand who will help support all aspects as a Cellar Operator, as well as Harvest initiatives, that may include the following roles: Moving Barrels, Press Operator, Tank Operator, , Centrifuging (High Solids De-sludger and High-Speed Separator), High Solids Cross-Flow, Wine/Juice Cross Flow Filters, Fermentation for Wine Bases and Champagne Production, Blending, Material and Flavor Additions, ROVA Systems, Ion Exchange and etc. This is a two to three-month seasonal position, timing depends on the length of Harvest. This position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Simi Winery has been producing wines in Sonoma County since 1876, and continuously making wine in the same stone cellar in Healdsburg since 1890. It was founded by Giuseppe and Pietro Simi after they left Tuscany in search of gold in California. Over the past 139 years Simi continued to produce fine wines, first under Giuseppe and Pietro and then after 1904 by Giuseppe's daughter Isabel. It was one of the few wineries in California that survived Prohibition and they kept 500,000 cases in their cellar ready to be sold as soon as Prohibition was repealed. Today Simi has several vineyards in Alexander Valley and Russian River Valley, each with a unique terroir that provides distinguished wines depicting those regions. As we have from the beginning, our wines reflect Sonoma County - a small, scenic and stunningly diverse region along the Pacific Coast.
* Drive forklift to aid in barrel movement.
* Works with Cellar and Winemaking to notify of received goods, provides proper paperwork and scheduling notifications.
* Maintains records as required by ISO, TTB, OSHA and company policy.
* Participates in departmental meetings, events, and cross-training.
* Tank Operator responsibilities include the operation of valves to direct the flow of grapes into mixing tanks, working with the press operator on the timing of emptying tanks and cleaning out tanks once they are empty
* Tank Operator is responsible for Enzyme's to grape juice as needed and keeps records accordingly.
* Responsible for the movement of grapes through a series of presses to separate the juice from the grapes.
* Operates air valves and pump to feed the grape must into presses and continues to observe the flow of grape must into each process, shifting valves as necessary to prevent overfill.
* During the clarification process, responsible for filtration of pressed juice through a series of centrifuges. Performs percent spin solids testing of filtered and unfiltered juice.
* Responsible for cleaning decanters and centrifuges every 12 hours using safe cleaning processes.
* Assist in training Harvest Temporary Associates.
* Forklift Experience
* Must be proficient in organization and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
* Previous harvest or warehouse experience a plus
* Previous winery production not necessary but a plus
* Ability to critically analyze workflow set-ups and offer continuous improvement suggestions
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climates
* Works in high places
* Works on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
* Primary office environment may be cellar setting
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Constellation does not sponsor employment-based visas for this position now or in the future. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be accepting applicants who require a J-1 visa this harvest.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).