If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
This position is responsible for various kitchen duties including food and meal preparation and cleaning tasks as assigned at all assigned properties of CWUS.
* Assist chefs in the kitchen with preparation of food assigned by Winery chef or Sous Chef for all events including cleaning and cutting of food items
* Handle, store and rotate all products properly
* Provide dishwashing and kitchen cleaning duties as assigned by Winery Chef or Sous Chef
* Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area
* Understand and comply with quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures of CWUS
* Thoroughly clean and sanitize the kitchen and all kitchen and dining room food service equipment in a timely manner, using the professional dishwashing equipment provided and return all items to their proper storage areas.
* Organize and consolidate walk-in or refrigerators on a need to basis
* Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene at all times.
* Minimum 2 years' experience in a professional kitchen
* Degree from an established Culinary Academy recommended
* Current Food Handlers or ServSafe Certificate
* Must have basic culinary skills
* Must know and understand meal preparation with regard to timing and logistics
* Solid organizational and time management skills
* Must make decisions with good judgment and maturity
* Effective written and verbal English skills
* Must have knowledge of state and federal laws concerning safety, sanitation, and cross-contamination and must abide by these laws
* Must be creative and motivated about food and wine pairings
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
* Must have a valid California Driver's License with clean driving record
* Must be 21 years of age
* Ability and desire to work extended hours of operation
* Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, holidays
* Able to lift 45 lbs
Hospitality & Retail
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).