SCOPE: Wagner Family of Wine is a collection of wine brands including Caymus Vineyards that is owned by Charles J. Wagner and his children with over 45 years of winemaking experience. This position will work with the rest of our marketing team to create and manage materials for the portfolio of wines in primarily the wholesale sector of the business. This will include all POS, photo, video and website production. Strong visual storytelling and branding ability is a must, along with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Strategic thinking about the story behind a wine and how to convey it in a compelling way is of utmost importance and our way of educating the trade and consumers. Time management along with flexibility will go a long way in the position.
• Work with rest of marketing team to hone and develop the stories for WFW wines
• Research competitive landscape and make suggestions on market positioning
• Convey brand story succinctly in a way that brings it to life
• Translate brand stories into visual storytelling through use of photos, illustrations, tag lines and specific marketing materials
Design and creation of marketing materials
• With rest of team, work on wide range of projects to convey brand stories with powerful visual elements, from POS materials to other pieces referenced above
• Coordinate ideas with members of sales team as needed
• Stay in touch with marketing/storytelling trends to come up with new ideas
• Contribute to social media by sharing designs that could be used in posts and/or creating infographics or illustrations
• Proficiency in Powerpoint, Excel, Microsoft Word and Illustrator required
• Familiarity with a range of digital marketing approaches and ability to create digital materials
Support creation and updating of websites
• Work with rest of team to develop website strategy for individual brands as needed
• Help coordinate website design with external design firm
• Plan and oversee photo and video production for use in website design
• Manage continual updates of websites – i.e. vintages in bottle/beauty shots and videos; addition of new wines; and key messaging (basic skills with WordPress desired)
Manage requests from sales team
• Field requests from sales team about specific marketing needs, such as creation of an ad, sell sheet, power point etc.
• Help manage a timeline for completion of POS materials to support sales team, such as creation of in-store displays for holiday
• Develop open communication with various members of sales team, including national and divisional leaders
Manage visual library and projects – photos and video
• Work to gain close familiarity with all of our visual materials, including B-roll images and video, current photos and video etc.
• Keep running list of needed updates and priorities for both marketing materials and social media
• Work with marketing/social media teams to plan photo and video shoots – i.e. locations, props, timing, involvement of members of the Wagner family and others, etc.
• Help manage external vendors
• Ensure that photo/video shoots align with and support our core brand stories
• Be on location to manage photo/video shoots – requires flexibility in hours and both early morning and evening shoots, as well as overnight stays in different locations
• Proficiency in basics of Photoshop and Lightroom a plus
• Proficiency in Power point, Excel, Microsoft Word and Illustrator required.
• Basic skills with Photoshop, Lightroom and WordPress also desired
• At least 3 years of experience in the wine business.
• Some supervisory experience preferred
No phone calls please