This position resides within a geographic Business Unit and assists the Field Marketing Director and Field Marketing Manager in the development and implementation of both national and local marketing campaigns. The individual will collaborate closely with the field marketing director, field marketing manager, general managers, market development managers, on-premise managers and specialists, key account directors and managers to deliver local marketing programming. The individual will also collaborate with corporate marketing teams (brand, retail, trade etc.) to fulfill national and local programming. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to national and local campaign program initiatives (inclusive of retail, digital, special events etc.), sponsorship activation, budget management, working with creative agencies, managing vendors and managing digital resources.
* Assists in the development of local marketing campaigns by creating key account marketing plans, customizing on-premise programs, and activating sponsorships with the purpose of driving local sales and brand awareness.
* Monitors various budgets and compares actual spend against the approved field marketing budget in order to keep expenses in-line with plan. This includes invoice coding, tracking, and processing as well as internal budget reporting to field marketing manager, sales teams and finance.
* Acts as a liaison across multiple internal and external groups, including the assigned business unit, brand marketing team, retail marketing team, field marketing team, and outside vendors, to facilitate project alignment and issue resolution. Lead liaison with CBBD legal department ensuring compliance with all local marketing efforts including local programs, social media, and sponsorship contracts etc.
* Manages digital resources, such as file sharing applications, brand images/templates to ensure cohesiveness across the deployment of both national and regional promotions.
* Manages the briefing and implementation of local sweepstakes campaigns which include vetting the promotional concept, obtaining legal approval for mechanics, copy, key visuals, prize sourcing, and prize fulfillment.
* Assists Field Marketing Manager with development of sponsorship activation approach by partner. Participates in sponsorship activation efforts including briefing creative agencies, gathering and vetting creative feedback from local team, getting sponsor partner approval and on-site needs as warranted. Also responsible for ad-hoc promotional program support as needed. This may include compiling local program information, sourcing and ordering promotional materials for special local events etc.
* Own vendor relationships with national and regional partners. Serve as first point of contact for development of local POS and merch tools.
* Assist field marketing director/manager in local brand planning discussions and plan build out by key markets as needed. Oversee budget planning allocations working directly with field marketing director/manager and GMs ensuring all initiatives are accounted for and funded.
* Work closely with field marketing director/manager, field sales and distributors with the objective to maximize brand awareness, sales opportunities and return on investment consistent with BU and company goals and objectives.
* Assists with developing presentation for internal and external meetings and will be expected to present marketing materials to internal teams several times a year.
* Performs additional duties and responsibilities as determined by field marketing leadership.
* Must have a Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of experience OR equivalent work experience, preferably in a Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations role.
* Demonstrates a working knowledge of general accounting principles, budget management skills, and general marketing strategies and trends.
* Must have a high degree of proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Must be comfortable working with personal computers and be able to adapt to additional software programs for marketing/creative design.
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with both internal and external customers.
* Team oriented individual with proven track record of success working across cross-functional teams in a collaborative, high paced and highly competitive environment.
* Possesses a strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects with tight deadlines. A strong attention to detail and organization is necessary.
* Preferably has an understanding of the three-tier system with experience in creating programming for both on and off-premise channels.
* Takes direction and maintains a positive, can-do attitude in approach to work
* Must be willing and able to travel as needed, up to 20%.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis
* Must be able to travel by plane or train for long distance.
* Must be able to work in a professional corporate office environment.
* Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
* Must have close vision, distant vision, ability to adjust focus, peripheral and color vision.
* Must be able sit and/or stand for long periods of time, and work on a computer for extended periods.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview