Seavin, Inc., owner of Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards in Clermont, FL, San Sebastian Winery in St. Augustine, FL, and the Sweet Ride Wine Company Brand is a pioneer in the development of table, dessert, and sparkling wines made from Muscadine grapes. With annual production of 185,000 cases, these award winning brands are sold throughout Florida. Seavin is a private corporation lead by founder Gary Cox and President, Charles Cox. For 32 years, the Cox family has demonstrated a strong commitment to produce quality products, to provide outstanding customer service, and to support and reward the team of employees that make this happen. We are looking for hands-on, team-oriented, experienced staff, who have a strong work ethic and commitment to quality, to join our team. We offer competitive salary as well as a benefits package that includes medical and life insurance, Simple IRA, paid time off, paid holidays, paid vacation, wine gifts and discounts.
As part of our winemaking team, the Cellar Supervisor in coordination with the Production Manager is responsible for the direction of all table, sparkling and dessert wine cellar and crush operations at our Clermont facility and limited cellar operations at our St. Augustine facility. This person hires and supervises all cellar and crush personnel. They are responsible for cellar, crush, and supporting equipment operation, maintenance and efficiency. They oversee and are accountable for coordinating and implementing all production/crush activities and ensuring timely and effective processing in all areas of production. Through long and short term planning they ensure operations meet production and labor efficiency, quality control and safety goals. They ensure that the department is well run and effective in developing team and individual resources.
• Hire, train, coach, and supervise staff in cellar and crush operations, and safety.
• Evaluate staffing needs and schedule staff to maximize labor resources.
• Conduct verbal and written performance reviews.
• Take disciplinary action, address complaints and resolve issues in accordance with company policy.
• Champion a safe and healthy work environment through education, training and follow through.
• Communicate effectively with multiple departments to ensure efficient workflow and to achieve company goals.
• Ensure sanitation methods are effective and in accordance with industry standards and established protocols.
• Perform all levels of cellar/crush activities and equipment operation.
• Perform routine cellar/crush equipment maintenance, repairs and adjustments, equipment troubleshooting and issue resolution.
• Ensure proper operation, maintenance and care of equipment.
• Research new equipment information and develop recommendations.
• Coordinate the installation and start up of new cellar/crush equipment.
• Conduct on-going checks of cellar/crush quality control and operational procedures.
• Develop and maintain SOP’s for all cellar/crush procedures.
• Ensure adherence to the processing schedule.
• Ensure that cellar/crush procedures are completed in accordance with established protocols.
• Initiate and complete work orders in the production database. Review and reconcile work orders to confirm accuracy.
• Maintain and improve cellar/crush productivity standards.
• Ensure accurate, timely, and thorough completion of administrative paperwork.
• Ensure QC of cellar supplies on receipt and take corrective action.
• Ensure accurate and timely data entry into the production database (WINA).
• Maintain facility organization and cleanliness according to the company brand image initiative.
• Conduct bulk wine and supply physical inventories according to company requirements.
• Perform related duties and special projects of a similar nature.
• 5+ years industry wine production experience (preferably in a 150,000+ cases facility).
• 3+ years industry supervisory experience.
• High school education. College coursework desirable.
• Demonstrate a positive, can do attitude and communication skills that fit well in a team.
• Ability to train and direct less skilled, temporary workers.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure with diverse personalities.
• Proven team building and leadership skills with the ability to mentor and motivate a team.
• Past experience enforcing good safety practices and following regulations.
• Demonstrated strong mechanical aptitude, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to understand and apply basic math to practical situations.
• Demonstrated ability to accurately and efficiently manage daily administrative paperwork.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and multitask in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to manage personnel and equipment to improve productivity while maintaining quality and safety.
• Demonstrated reliability in attendance and punctuality.
• Demonstrated commitment to high standards.
• Above average organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Forklift certified.
• Experience with MS Office, MAC and the ability to learn the company’s production database.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently.
• Ability to walk, stand and sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to climb stairs/ladder to work platforms 24 feet high or more frequently.
• Ability to wear personal protective equipment.
• Ability to work flexible shifts and schedules.
• During harvest must be able to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
• Ability to work outdoors under variable weather conditions.
• 21 years old.
• Clean driving record.
• Travel one week per year for cellar operations in St. Augustine, FL.
• Fluent in English.
• Successfully complete drug/alcohol test and a background check.