Company Summary: We're the producers, creators and marketers of beer, wine and spirits brands that people love. At Constellation Brands, we're driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver products and experiences that resonate now, tomorrow and well into the future. Because of this approach, we're the fastest growing large CPG company in the U.S. at retail, with operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. Our premium portfolio of iconic brands like Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim Crawford, Robert Mondavi, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka, High West Whiskey, and more drive industry-leading growth for us today. But we're just getting started. Our ability to stay on the forefront of consumer trends has fueled our success since our founding in 1945 and will guide us in creating the next generation of products and experiences Worth Reaching For.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Grower Relations Manager or Viticultural Technician, obtain grape samples from Growers' vineyards for chemical maturity analysis by the winery's lab(s). Early season work may also include counting and weighing grape clusters for estimating crop yield.
* Know or learn the location of vineyard blocks and independently schedule own route from daily sampling assignment list
* Correctly follow established sampling procedures in a timely manner
* Note and advise Grower Relations Manager of unusual vineyard conditions when observed
* High school education; some viticultural experience a plus
* Ability to read and follow maps and aerial photographs
* Good verbal and written English communication skills; able to keep neat and accurate records
* Must have a valid Driver's License and clean DMV record
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Able to stand and walk over rough and uneven outdoor terrain; will be exposed to temperature fluctuations
* Able to climb stairs and lift 50 pounds
* Able to work a flexible schedule including overtime as needed during harvest; may need to work 5 or 6 days per week during September and October
* Able to work independently as well as in a team setting
St. Helena, California
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).