ONE GREAT FUTURE
Aim high. Think big. Go far. Open up a world of opportunities by working with Amcor, a global leader in innovative and responsible packaging solutions.
As a Field Technical Service Engineer, you will provide technical assistance to customers through preventive and curative interventions. You also will support the sales team to develop New Business Opportunities by providing service support to the customers. This includes support for New Product trials, troubleshooting problems on customer equipment, and supporting resolution of quality issues. You will act as a liaison with equipment manufacturers, mobile/contract bottlers and winery bottling personnel to ensure proper application of Amcor products.
YOUR PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES WOULD BE TO:
• Field Technical support:
o Provide technical support to customers through direct interventions or advice at any stage of the relation by using all means of communication (e.g., phone, video, on-site visit)
o Be on-call to respond to emergency Customer calls
o Actively support customer trials from first attempts through to bottling
o Resolve issues with packaging material/machine/product interactions
o Autonomously maintain schedule and work with the Sales/Customer Service teams to best meet the needs of the customers
o Support the plants and the customer by helping to rapidly resolve quality issues at customer sites and eliminate/reduce losses
o Participate actively in claim management as needed
o Execute on field service calls, following up with detailed field service reports to enhance communication internally and externally
o Maintain close contact with Amcor Sales, Quality & R&D departments, Amcor customers, mobile bottlers and equipment manufacturers.
• Respect the safety rules and contribute to safety improvement
• Other related duties as assigned
• Travel: > 50%
WHAT YOU BRING
1. Formal Qualifications and Experience
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in engineering or equivalent industry experience
• 1-3 years of experience in consumer-goods / packaged-goods, especially beverage and alcohol or wine industry
• Electrical and PLC basics knowledge
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Strong customer-service focus and teamwork approach
• Ability to learn & work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Rigor and ability to organize own work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat
• Valid driver’s license
• Influencing others
• Customer Focus
• Learning on the Fly
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Drive for Results
Comprehensive compensation and benefits package including bonus, 401 (k), healthcare insurance, FSA, gym membership etc.
If you are looking for a fast-paced and multicultural environment, join us now!
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.