Duckhorn Wine Company has helped set the standard for American fine wine for four decades. Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn luxury portfolio has evolved to include Decoy, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, and Kosta Browne. Each winery has its own dedicated winemaker and focused winegrowing program. The portfolio encompasses five distinctive visitor centers, six state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, 300+ enthusiastic employees, and 870 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards from California’s Central Coast to Washington State’s Columbia Valley. Limited quantities of all wines are available direct from the winery, throughout the United States, on five continents, and in over 50 countries. For more information, visit DuckhornWineCompany.com.
SUMMARY: Supports maintenance objectives in areas of equipment and facilities maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: Perform mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance on all winery, production, facilities and bottling related equipment. Troubleshooting and installation of industrial controls and maintain all electrical systems and drawings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and ensure machinery is in safe working order. Design and implement safety modification and up-grades
- Generate and maintain LOTO procedures for all production/winery related equipment
- Interdepartmental communication with Production Manager, Winery Management, Quality Control and Operations for daily repairs, preventative maintenance and continuous improvement projects
- Schedule major repairs for non-production time with Department Manager
- Assist Bottling line maintenance technician as needed
- Train entry level maintenance, electrical, production, and production maintenance personnel
- Assist daily production startups and changeovers
- Responsible for ensuring supplies required for projects are accurately identified and purchase requests executed in a timely manner to ensure successful project outcomes
- Execute work as defined on work orders, responsible for documentation of work, and updating equipment maintenance tracking files/records
- Interface with outside vendors and technicians for technical support, machinery modification, and/or upgrades
- Install and modify new and used equipment
- Additional duties as assigned
- On call status for emergencies
- 10-15 years’ experience in same or related field
- Advanced knowledge of Windows based programs, Internet and Outlook
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers, and all levels of management in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to perform in a production environment and work with minimal supervision
- This a 4-day/10-hour per day position, Monday – Thursday. May require occasional overtime as needed and requires on-call status for emergencies
- Class C drivers licenses required
- Bottling line experience.
- Bottling production experience
- Fabricate and machine parts as required
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please respond with resume and letter of introduction.