JOB OVERVIEW – This position will be goal oriented that will focus on sales, profitability, marketing and growing our brand positions with our distributors as well as in the marketplace. This position is based in Texas. Please do not reply if you don’t live in the state. State responsibilities will include Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana.
The right candidate should consider the following requirements before applying for this role;
• Established contacts.
• The capacity for a very large portfolio and continually evolving priorities.
• Very detailed oriented and super-organized.
• A realistic view and up-to-date understanding of what distributors can and cannot do for you.
• A positive, get it done attitude.
The Sales Manager will assist with all facets of promoting and growing the business as well as representing our vision in the marketplace. The applicant must be willing to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and have an eye for details as well as a strong desire to contribute to the ‘big picture”. We believe that the more knowledgeable an employee is regarding all aspects of a company, the more effective they are in their position, and the more successful the company can be as a whole.
RESPONSIBILITIES - Including, but not limited to:
• Develop sales of our wine portfolios in each market with our distributors and key retailers
• Manage distributors pricing, programs and incentives on marketing calendar and goals.
• Ability to audit billbacks, approve orders and supports.
• Participate in trade and consumer events in market area.
• Educate distributor reps and accounts on winery’s portfolio.
• Adhere to budgets assigned including T&E. Submit reports required in a timely manner.
• Present new items regularly to all markets. Follow up is essential to success.
• Procure and set up distributor sales meetings on a regular basis.
• Provide feedback on market issues, opportunities, changes, gaps, challenges and competitive activity.
QUALIFICATIONS - Required:
• Minimum of 5 years of industry related sales management and marketing experience.
• Ability to travel frequently for meetings, market visits and presentations.
• Demonstrated success in business development and increasing case volume.
• Strong business and ability of distributor pricing models and how they work.
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Able to comfortably lift and move 40 lbs.
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Clean personal background check.
COMPENSATION - Salary will depend upon experience. Performance evaluation after 120 days.