Pine Ridge has been dedicated to crafting Cabernet Sauvignon for over 40 years. Blending the restraint and tradition of Bordeaux with the vibrancy of California results in Cabernet Sauvignon–based wines that truly express their origin. Located in the Stags Leap District of Napa Valley, Pine Ridge Vineyards is comprised of 11 estate vineyards in Napa's best appellations.
Under the guidance of the Estate Director and Wine Club & Loyalty Manager, and working cohesively with all DTC channel managers, this position primarily serves as an estate-based face of the wine club team, and drives conversion, satisfaction and loyalty among wine club members. This position is instrumental in developing and executing conversion and retention strategies and tactics, and supporting wine club and hospitality operations and programming. With both customer-facing and administrative duties, the ideal candidate is skilled in time management and prioritization. Exemplary communication and organizational skills, a professional demeanor and a service heart are required to ensure all interactions with internal and external stakeholders reflect our brand standards and company values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects the essential functions for this job but is not all-inclusive.
Planning & Programming
• With the goal of increasing wine club performance, including growth in conversion, retention and wine sales, provide input and support to Estate Director and Wine Club & Loyalty Manager in long-range and annual planning/budgeting process.
• Under the guidance of the Wine Club & Loyalty Manager, develop and implement strategies and tactics in the following areas:
- Conversion programs and promotions to increase membership and mailing list signups in the tasting room, at on/off-site events, and online.
- Retention programs and promotions to reduce wine club cancellations and increase membership tenure.
- Customer loyalty programs for wine club members and non-members to increase brand engagement and wine sales.
• Responsible for program oversight including implementation, monitoring and measuring results, and reporting insights to management
• Act as project manager for development of club newsletters (package inserts and/or digital); work with Marketing and other associated team members on content, design and creation.
• Work closely with the Special Events team and act as face of the wine club team to plan and execute member events on- and off-site.
Wine Club Administration
• Maintain membership and mailing list database, including accurate and timely data entry of all new member signups, upgrades/downgrades, changes of address, etc. transpiring at the estate.
• Monitor website signups and code source accordingly in CRM system. Reach out proactively to these new members to welcome them and learn what inspired them to join the wine club.
• Graciously and promptly respond to customer inquiries via telephone, email or written correspondence in a timely manner, up-selling wherever appropriate.
• Work with Inventory & Logistics Specialist to process re-routes, re-shipments and other logistical needs to ensure members receive their wine in a timely fashion at the correct delivery address.
• Review each wine club season’s batch processing setup to ensure accuracy before orders are created and payments collected.
• Assist with customer service and execution of wine club seasons including wine customization, pre- and post-shipment email notifications and will-call activities.
• Conduct proactive outreach to resolve declined credit cards and open will call orders, and execute member welcome calls and birthday/anniversary mailings.
• Regularly review website to ensure membership content is accurate and reflects the current offerings, programming and events.
• Possess commanding knowledge of brand, wines, vineyards, tasting room and wine club offerings, etc. to provide factual and compelling information to customers, as well as a commanding knowledge of POS and CRM database systems to provide thorough and accurate transactions and customer support.
• Conduct by-appointment winery tours and tastings for members, and host walk-ins as required.
• Maintain an active presence in the tasting room to meet and greet new members upon signup, putting a friendly face to their brand experience.
• Act as a wine club ambassador in the tasting room, serving as the primary liaison for all club related questions and issues from guests or staff.
• Surprise and delight… Review Tock reservations in advance to identify wine club members and VIP guests. Add internal notes that might be helpful for host to know and/or communicate with hospitality team to apply special treats/offerings/promos during their visit.
• Deliver training to DTC team members on membership programs and sales strategies, conversion tactics and service standards.
• With a customer-centric approach, provide recommendations and coaching to hospitality team members to improve processes and protocols that serve to enrich the customer experience.
• Regularly review onsite wine club activity with Estate Director and Wine Club & Loyalty Manager, and collaborate in creating customer service and process improvement protocols.
• Responsible for managing member cancellation surveys including sending to members upon cancellation, and conducting analysis and reporting to management as new responses are collected.
• Work with Wine Club & Loyalty Manager to run detailed analyses of all member-related activities to monitor performance. Use resulting business intelligence data and survey feedback to refine programming, training, wine club design, etc.
• Responsible for micro competitive analysis (i.e. comp set winery offerings) to continue to improve wine club performance at estate.