Originally homesteading in Lodi, CA in the 1850’s, the Phillips Family have roots that run deep. The Phillips brothers released their first commercial wine in 1984 under the Phillips Vineyards label after years of growing grapes for other wineries. Now, with iconic brands such as Freakshow, Petite Petit and Earthquake, Michael David Winery is a tour de force as one of the leading wineries in the United States and distributing our wines in 40+ countries around the world. The Phillips pride themselves on being family owned and operated, enforcing meticulous farming practices and ensuring sustainable wine grape growing techniques which result in superior quality in the bottle. Their hard work has paid off as the wines regularly take top awards and recognition nationwide.
We are currently looking to fill a Direct To Consumer Coordinator position at our Lodi, CA location. This position will assist across all departments relating to the direct to consumer business. This position is responsible for the shipping & receiving operations of our fulfillment and direct to consumer departments, including e-commerce, wine club and hospitality. Will provide exceptional customer service in a consistent, timely and professional manner with all customers and ensuring accurate order processing and timely resolution of customer issues. This position will oversee all orders from inception through fulfilment and final delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide front line customer service to wine club members, e-commerce and direct sales customers via phone and email.
• Lead and coach Shipping Clerk and any employees temporarily staffed to assist with fulfilment and shipping.
• Responds promptly to telephone and email inquiries, requests, and complaints from current and perspective customers.
• Resolve returned shipments, including follow-up with customer and system updates.
• Assist with data entry responsibilities to support direct sales, wine clubs and E-commerce function.
• Support all e-com initiatives with project management, inventory logistics and customer service.
• Acquire and maintain skillful knowledge of our POS and CRM systems.
• Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of company in order to promote our story, unique processes, each of our brands and the value positioning of our wines. Will
educate guests about our wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history, effectively and passionately answering visitors' questions.
• Ensure legal shipping compliance regulations are followed on all e-com orders.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
• Audit shipment and inventory data for accuracy and consistency between multiple systems.
• Utilize ShipCompliant to ensure direct to consumer sales compliance.
• Manipulate and correct data for exports and uploads.
• Verify inventory/vintage availability and correctness.
• Determine method of shipment utilizing knowledge of procedures, routes, couriers and rates
• File and monitor courier claims.
• Monitor weather and change services as needed to prevent damage due to extreme temperatures.
• Regularly audit couriers to assure we are receiving the best rates for our customers.
• Acquire and increase understanding of software systems and integration to support cross departmental data and team members.
• Work with DTC and Marketing to coordinate large shipments and space needs.
• Purchase all shipping materials and sustain proper supply.
• Complete regular physical counts in White Building and reconcile WineDirect.
• Forecast and plan inventory needs.
• Managing vintages changes including inventory and setup.
• Organizes warehouse in a logical, efficient and productive manner.
• Coordinates with carriers for standard and specialty pickups.
• Makes recommendations to management to improve quality of service, increase efficiency of warehouse operations and equipment performance.
• Receives all incoming materials.
• Order fulfillment: picking, staging, and loading of finished good.
• Operate Forklift, pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment.
Qualifications will include:
• High School diploma or equivalent; minimum 2 years shipping experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in the wine industry preferred and DTC. Sales experience a plus.
• Ability to communicate English in written and verbal form (Spanish helpful).
• Ability to perform basic add, subtract, multiply, divide, and calculate percentage discounts
• Possess strong computer skills to include Outlook, Excel and Word, CRM database.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and proof of current insurance
• Ability to multi-task
• Capable of safely lifting up to 45 pounds
• Working conditions include internal and external work in all types of weather environments.
• Work flexible schedules to include weekends, evenings, holidays.
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; occasional move up to 100 pounds
• Ability to travel as needed.
To be considered a cover letter and your resume must be submitted.
Phillips Farms-Michael David Winery provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.